Thread: Ohio people: Preseason Steeler games. Quick question.

Pro Bowler

Ohio people: Preseason Steeler games. Quick question.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket or better stated already started my 5 payments with my last directv bill. I can't remember if the Preseason games are shown on Ticket, and if they aren't will I be able to watch the preseason game Friday night? I'm about 40-60 minutes from Cleveland in Kent, Ohio and would love to watch the preseason game on Friday. Is there anyone living in Ohio currently that knows the answer to my predicament.

BIG FAN

Re: Ohio people: Preseason Steeler games. Quick question.

[quote="Snatch98"]I have NFL Sunday Ticket or better stated already started my 5 payments with my last directv bill. I can't remember if the Preseason games are shown on Ticket, and if they aren't will I be able to watch the preseason game Friday night? I'm about 40-60 minutes from Cleveland in Kent, Ohio and would love to watch the preseason game on Friday. Is there anyone living in Ohio currently that knows the answer to my predicament.[/quote

I don't think preseason games are on the ticket. I think that's because local, fox, and NFLC have exclusives. However the good news is if you have the ticket it means you must have Direct T.V., which in turn means you get NFLC and FSN Pittsburgh.
    So yes you get to watch our rookies beat up on the Eagles rooks this FRI.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I have NFL Sunday Ticket or better stated already started my 5 payments with my last directv bill. I can't remember if the Preseason games are shown on Ticket, and if they aren't will I be able to watch the preseason game Friday night? I'm about 40-60 minutes from Cleveland in Kent, Ohio and would love to watch the preseason game on Friday. Is there anyone living in Ohio currently that knows the answer to my predicament.[/quote

I don't think preseason games are on the ticket. I think that's because local, fox, and NFLC have exclusives. However the good news is if you have the ticket it means you must have Direct T.V., which in turn means you get NFLC and FSN Pittsburgh.
    So yes you get to watch our rookies beat up on the Eagles rooks this FRI.
    I've had directv for over a year and completely forgot about FSN Pittsburgh! I'm so stoked and sorta pissed at the same time lol. I missed out on a lot of Pittsburgh local reporting for the last year but can't WAIT to watch our rooks run the train.

BIG FAN

The only gripe I have with FSNP is that during some programming like the Tue. press conference or some preseason games we get blacked out and have to catch the replay later on. I guess more of that contractual shid. Overall, I don't complain much because I do live far from home. Hope some of this was useful.

Pro Bowler

Thanks for the post. I flipped to FSNP immediately after reading the first response. The Bucs where just about to come on and now it's blacked out lol. I hope this isn't the case on friday. I could care less about the Pirates but want to watch my STEELERS!

BIG FAN

Are the bucs playing on the coast?

Hall of Famer

if you have directv, i believe the game is on NFLNetwork live. The other preseason games are usually shown on NFLNetwork too, but they are tape delayed and often on a day or two later.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Are the bucs playing on the coast?
    The Bucs are blacked out because of the MLB package, extra innings. I go through the same stuff in the midwest with the Cards and Royals. I get Fox Sports Midwest, until the games are on, then it's blacked out. I have heard from a lot that the Steelers games will be blacked out as well, mostly because NFLN has exclusive rights and the game is rebroadcast on local TV. That being said, the Eagles game is live on NFLN Friday night, and the other Steelers preseason games are re-aired the week following the game on NFLN, just look at their schedule from their website to know when it will be on. The games ARE NOT broadcast on Sunday Ticket, however.