Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Olympiad.

BIG FAN

2008 Olympiad.

Mrs. Big Fan reminded me the games open this Fri. as well as our guys playing our first preseason game. While I don't usually watch the opening ceremonies anyway, (pageantry just ain't my thing) I will watch some of them. The Missus reminded me how much it seemed like women's beach volleyball took over the t.v. last games.
    I told her I agreed, and how much I was proud of her for broadening her sports horizons.
    I think she will get even with a little broadening of men's swimming though.
    Anyway GO U.S.A!

Starter

Re: 2008 Olympiad.

I am with you BF, i wont be at home on Friday (have to go to the bar to see the pre-season game) but i will def. be watching the Olympics over the next couple of weeks... even though it is tainted (Roy Jones Jr. was freakin robbed) i am lookiing forward to Boxing..and of course womens beach volley ball

Honestly, I am just interested in watch in HD, especially the opening ceremonies, but it's a conflict, and I'm not missing the Steelers game.

BIG FAN

I do watch the games.
    If our guys play basketball like last time, I will never watch NBA again.
    If our guys cant do it, Ms. K. was right, watch all those American Girls.
    Then watch them kick your Beijing butt.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

My eyes always get a little Misty this time of year. How will I possible Kerri on?

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

saaaaahn antonioo....

Hall of Famer

I like watching the olympics.... Outside of the games, I could care less about watching them separately, but I like the whole deal...

For those of you with Directv, check out the string of channels starting at channel 750... Some interactive options (if you have the equipment to support it), and pretty cool stuff! They have daily trivia, an active medal count, and stat pages... (thru the interactive menu)

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I like watching the olympics.... Outside of the games, I could care less about watching them separately, but I like the whole deal...

For those of you with Directv, check out the string of channels starting at channel 750... Some interactive options (if you have the equipment to support it), and pretty cool stuff! They have daily trivia, an active medal count, and stat pages... (thru the interactive menu)

No kidding! 755 is the $hit! There was like 8 soccer games in a row on, crazy! My dum arse was up at 5 am to watch USA blow it again.

USA v Greece basketball, they need to get revenge...but couple radio guys saying they aing seeing anything different from them and they could get snuck again.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

BIG FAN

Been watching them as I post in the wee hours, is it me or were those girls on China's gymnastic team, unbelievably young? They looked at least three of them couldn't have been more than twelve.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Been watching them as I post in the wee hours, is it me or were those girls on China's gymnastic team, unbelievably young? They looked at least three of them couldn't have been more than twelve.
    There was an article on ESPN.com today about one of them supposedly being 13, which would disqualify her (too young), but the Chinese are denying it. It's kind of like the Bizarro World version of Danny Almonte.