Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Players fighting back...I know it's a crazy mob idea but who knows.

    Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found dead

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: June 5, 2008, 3:51 PM ET

    PLANO, Texas -- A convicted steroids dealer who recently met with NFL security officials and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him has been found dead in his home.


    David Jacobs

    AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez

    David Jacobs, seen after pleading guilty to steroid charges in 2007, recently met with NFL officials -- and according to his lawyer, gave them the names of players who had received drugs he had made. He was found dead on Thursday.
    Just after midnight on Thursday, Plano police made a welfare check and found 35-year-old David Jacobs and 30-year-old Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell dead. Both had been shot.

    Officer Rick McDonald, a police spokesman, said the officers were making a welfare check after relatives of Earhart-Savell expressed concern about her whereabouts.

    He said Plano detectives aren't releasing information about whether the deaths were a double homicide or a murder-suicide, whether a weapon was found near the bodies or any other details.

    Jacobs was sentenced to three years probation and fined $25,000 on May 1 after pleading guilty last year in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

    Men in ski masks and jackets marked "police" were seen entering the home late Thursday morning, according to the Dallas Morning News.

    The newspaper reported it had spoken with Jacobs frequently and exchanged e-mails with him as recently as last weekend. Jacobs had sought to rebuild his nutritional supplement business, but he was experiencing financial problems and having trouble getting his old client base to work with him, according to the report.

    On May 21, Jacobs met with NFL security officials in the Dallas area and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him, according to Hank Hockeimer, his lawyer.

    Hockeimer told the newspaper on Thursday he had not yet been briefed about the situation at Jacobs' house.

    The league requested the meeting after Jacobs was sentenced to three years of probation on May 1 for a single count of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids. He had cooperated with federal authorities since his arrest last year.

    "We offer our sympathy to the families of David Jacobs and Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell," the league said in a statement. "As we have previously confirmed, our security representatives interviewed David Jacobs on two occasions. We are reviewing the information to determine if there is documented evidence establishing any violations of our program and will follow up on any other information that is provided. It is premature to comment on any specific player at this time. Anyone found to have violated our policies will be subject to discipline, including suspension. We will continue to be responsive to any needs of law enforcement on this matter."

    By his own account, Jacobs was a prolific salesman, moving 1,000 bottles of anabolic steroids a month and an equal number of growth hormone kits that he obtained illicitly from China.

    Hockeimer had said that league officials seemed "genuinely interested" in what Jacobs had to say, as well as in canceled checks and e-mails that he provided.

    Jacobs has publicly acknowledged that he dealt primarily with two NFL players and earlier identified one of them as offensive lineman Matt Lehr. Last month, Jacobs told the Dallas Morning News that Lehr purchased tens of thousands of dollars of steroids and growth hormone from the spring of 2006 to the spring of 2007. He also told the paper that Lehr agreed to have boxes of raw steroid powder from China shipped directly to his Georgia home.

    Lehr served a four-game suspension while a member of the Atlanta Falcons in October 2006 after he tested positive for a banned substance. He spent last season with Tampa Bay and was acquired by the Saints in the offseason.

    Lehr's attorney, Paul Coggins, has said the player hasn't used banned substances since he was suspended and has since passed NFL drug tests. The attorney has also said Jacobs' allegations are retaliation because Lehr wouldn't pay Jacobs' legal fees.

    After his sentencing, Jacobs told The New York Times that he hoped to tell league officials about "loopholes in their program." He also said he'd advised about 10 players to use finasteride, a drug to treat balding, because it masks steroid use.

    Information from Shaun Assael and The Associated Press was used in this report.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  2. #2

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Players fighting back...I know it's a crazy mob idea but who knows.
    Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found dead

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: June 5, 2008, 3:51 PM ET

    PLANO, Texas -- A convicted steroids dealer who recently met with NFL security officials and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him has been found dead in his home.


    David Jacobs

    AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez

    David Jacobs, seen after pleading guilty to steroid charges in 2007, recently met with NFL officials -- and according to his lawyer, gave them the names of players who had received drugs he had made. He was found dead on Thursday.
    Just after midnight on Thursday, Plano police made a welfare check and found 35-year-old David Jacobs and 30-year-old Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell dead. Both had been shot.

    Officer Rick McDonald, a police spokesman, said the officers were making a welfare check after relatives of Earhart-Savell expressed concern about her whereabouts.

    He said Plano detectives aren't releasing information about whether the deaths were a double homicide or a murder-suicide, whether a weapon was found near the bodies or any other details.

    Jacobs was sentenced to three years probation and fined $25,000 on May 1 after pleading guilty last year in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

    Men in ski masks and jackets marked "police" were seen entering the home late Thursday morning, according to the Dallas Morning News.

    The newspaper reported it had spoken with Jacobs frequently and exchanged e-mails with him as recently as last weekend. Jacobs had sought to rebuild his nutritional supplement business, but he was experiencing financial problems and having trouble getting his old client base to work with him, according to the report.

    On May 21, Jacobs met with NFL security officials in the Dallas area and gave them names of players he said bought steroids from him, according to Hank Hockeimer, his lawyer.

    Hockeimer told the newspaper on Thursday he had not yet been briefed about the situation at Jacobs' house.

    The league requested the meeting after Jacobs was sentenced to three years of probation on May 1 for a single count of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids. He had cooperated with federal authorities since his arrest last year.

    "We offer our sympathy to the families of David Jacobs and Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell," the league said in a statement. "As we have previously confirmed, our security representatives interviewed David Jacobs on two occasions. We are reviewing the information to determine if there is documented evidence establishing any violations of our program and will follow up on any other information that is provided. It is premature to comment on any specific player at this time. Anyone found to have violated our policies will be subject to discipline, including suspension. We will continue to be responsive to any needs of law enforcement on this matter."

    By his own account, Jacobs was a prolific salesman, moving 1,000 bottles of anabolic steroids a month and an equal number of growth hormone kits that he obtained illicitly from China.

    Hockeimer had said that league officials seemed "genuinely interested" in what Jacobs had to say, as well as in canceled checks and e-mails that he provided.

    Jacobs has publicly acknowledged that he dealt primarily with two NFL players and earlier identified one of them as offensive lineman Matt Lehr. Last month, Jacobs told the Dallas Morning News that Lehr purchased tens of thousands of dollars of steroids and growth hormone from the spring of 2006 to the spring of 2007. He also told the paper that Lehr agreed to have boxes of raw steroid powder from China shipped directly to his Georgia home.

    Lehr served a four-game suspension while a member of the Atlanta Falcons in October 2006 after he tested positive for a banned substance. He spent last season with Tampa Bay and was acquired by the Saints in the offseason.

    Lehr's attorney, Paul Coggins, has said the player hasn't used banned substances since he was suspended and has since passed NFL drug tests. The attorney has also said Jacobs' allegations are retaliation because Lehr wouldn't pay Jacobs' legal fees.

    After his sentencing, Jacobs told The New York Times that he hoped to tell league officials about "loopholes in their program." He also said he'd advised about 10 players to use finasteride, a drug to treat balding, because it masks steroid use.

    Information from Shaun Assael and The Associated Press was used in this report.

    Dude, I thought the same thing. Like ... "Hit Men from the Trenches".

    In this link http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/06/sport ... ref=sports there is a before steroids and after picture of this guy. It is absolutely incredible how different he looks (tatoos notwithstanding). These links usually go down after a day or two, so if you're interested, look quick!

    I'd also like to see a pic of his girlfriend before and after he took steroids. Any bets that he didn't keep the same one after he got "pumped"?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Holy crap! He has a small beer gut like me and then he's just ripped...wow





    Check out Merrimen before suspension and after:



    The neck and shoulders get smaller and his sack totals went down significantly...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    wow, no wonder merriman wants the 'lights out'. that way no one will see how small he's become..........

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,436

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Holy crap! He has a small beer gut like me and then he's just ripped...wow





    Check out Merrimen before suspension and after:



    The neck and shoulders get smaller and his sack totals went down significantly...
    That picture with Merriman was photoshopped. It was a subject of discussion last year on PFT and if you look at his neck, you'll see that he's missing the tat. I'm not saying that "Lights Out" isn't juicing, but this picture can't be taken into consideration as evidence of it.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    I would have never caught the missing tat...good call out.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  7. #7
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Holy crap! He has a small beer gut like me and then he's just ripped...wow





    Check out Merrimen before suspension and after:



    The neck and shoulders get smaller and his sack totals went down significantly...
    That picture with Merriman was photoshopped. It was a subject of discussion last year on PFT and if you look at his neck, you'll see that he's missing the tat. I'm not saying that "Lights Out" isn't juicing, but this picture can't be taken into consideration as evidence of it.

    You can also see some bad photoshop work around the collar on the before picture. Work like that makes ASIAN wake up in a cold sweat.

    My guess on the dude found dead was a murder/suicide. My bet is roid rage just like the coward wrestler who killed his wife, son then himself.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,581

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I would have never caught the missing tat...good call out.
    that was the first thing i noticed actually. it was also one of hte first things i noticed when i saw him on tv though.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #9
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I would have never caught the missing tat...good call out.
    that was the first thing i noticed actually. it was also one of hte first things i noticed when i saw him on tv though.

    Why is the tat an issue? It is on the after picture. If the tat had been on the before picture and not the after picture then you know something is up. It was possible that he got the tattoo after the first picture was taken. Unless you knew for sure Merriman had the tattoo in college their is nothing wrong between the before and after except for some bad photoshopping.

  10. #10

    Re: OT: Convicted steroids dealer who gave names to NFL found..

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I would have never caught the missing tat...good call out.
    that was the first thing i noticed actually. it was also one of hte first things i noticed when i saw him on tv though.

    Why is the tat an issue? It is on the after picture. If the tat had been on the before picture and not the after picture then you know something is up. It was possible that he got the tattoo after the first picture was taken. Unless you knew for sure Merriman had the tattoo in college their is nothing wrong between the before and after except for some bad photoshopping.
    Like the tat on the Steeler fan in your sig. Funny, I hadn't noticed it before now, my attention was elsewhere, I think ...


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •