Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steeler Nation is everywhere!!!

Legend

Re: Steeler Nation is everywhere!!!

What the stats don't tell is how many of the fans at Bungals home games are opponents fans. It is well known that getting a ticket at Paul Brown as an out of town fan is one of the easiest place to get one. You even have management having to beg fans not to sell to Steeler fans. Do you think the Rooney's have to do that? Ever?

You can go anywhere in the country and see Steeler "bling" everywhere. There is more Steeler logos here in Central Florida than any of the Florida teams. The reality is that there is a "Steeler Nation" and a "Bengals County."
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    that list is not accurate at all. thats bs numbers, i lived outside of miami for a while and i know what kind of fan base the dolphins have. no way in hell last season did they have the #10 best attendence. thats a joke, even when they were really good they still struggled to fill the stadium. their last playoff game at home was blacked out because of poor attendence, but all of a sudden during a 1-15 season the attendence sky rockets? c'mon
    Teams count their actual fan attendance #'s differently. Some just go by tickets sold, some go by how many actually came into the stadium that day, etc... It's not an exact science, but in terms of revenue for ticket sales those #'s are accurate.

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN

Guess I get the rolling eyes because you thought I meant we actually tried to send Kimo in that day. That's not it rest assured, we would have dropped him anyway.
    Told you I was helping you OUT.
    (JOM admit it you are a Closet STEELER FAN.)
    I'S O.K. we accept most, or best them into the fold anyways.
    You get the rolling eye's because the comment wasn't worth a response. I never thought the hit was intentional and I still don't.

As for me being a closet steeler fan, no thanks. I'm just not a blinded homer Bengals fan, but I'm not even close to being a Steelers fan.

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns...
    oh ok i gotcha. but how could you get any kind of stats to show how well steeler fans travel? i guess im just missing something. every steeler game i've been to on the road its been a pretty impresive showing to say the least. i dont need numbers to back that up. its always been amazing to me the kind of following the cowboys have. if your not from texas how can anyone like them?
    I personaly knew and still know of a Mescalero Apache' man from Texas, who did not like the Cowboys.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    What the stats don't tell is how many of the fans at Bungals home games are opponents fans. It is well known that getting a ticket at Paul Brown as an out of town fan is one of the easiest place to get one. You even have management having to beg fans not to sell to Steeler fans. Do you think the Rooney's have to do that? Ever?

You can go anywhere in the country and see Steeler "bling" everywhere. There is more Steeler logos here in Central Florida than any of the Florida teams. The reality is that there is a "Steeler Nation" and a "Bengals County."
    thats very true. there is probably the same amount of steeler fans in florida than there are yankees, mets and red sox which there is a lot of

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

I would think that one of the best measures of fan base is how many fans a team has outside it's local area. After all, someone who is a football fan normally grows up to support his local team, but you can really get a feel for fan support when you travel away from the city and find fans.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I think that only them and the Packers can even come close to the national support that the Steelers have.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Bengals hit the road and the host city was forced to run ads begging fans not to sell their tickets to Bengals fans?
    There is no "best" indicator. Having a good road team could mean you have a lot of loyal fans or that you have a lot of bandwagon fans. Or a good mix of both...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

You can get tickets at almost every stadium easily. When the Bengals came to Chicago, getting a ticket at Solider Field wasn't difficult. And Bears fans are absolutely crazy about their team and there is a lot of them...

Pro Bowler

thats very true. there is probably the same amount of steeler fans in florida than there are yankees, mets and red sox which there is a lot of
    I wouldn't go that far. I used to live there and there are definitely more Yankee fans down there than anything else. Legends field is a big reason why.

Florida is just filled with bandwagon fans anyway...

BIG FAN

I wouldn't go that far. I used to live there and there are definitely more Yankee fans down there than anything else. Legends field is a big reason why.

I'll agree with Fla. having a bunch of bandwankers. (OUTSIDE OF AS.)

Hall of Famer

it depends where in fl your talking about. i lived outside of miami, im sure there are more yankee fans on the west coast of florida