Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Nation is everywhere!!!

Re: Steeler Nation is everywhere!!!

ha, the fan of cornholio deepthroating a hot dog tries to throw homo remarks our way? Not quite, sport. Either way, it is embarrasing to have a steeler country banner hung in your backyard.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Ahh, if I could only find the picture of the "This is Steelers Country" banner hung at Heinz Field West . . . I mean, Paul Brown Stadium, a couple of years ago. And yes, it was a very big banner.
    You mean this one?

At the bottom of that banner should read, this is where you get, when you drop Carson.
    Just helping you out Jom. Good Superbowl banner, bet you guys had one, or won one.

Pro Bowler

ha, the fan of cornholio deepthroating a hot dog tries to throw homo remarks our way? Not quite, sport. Either way, it is embarrasing to have a steeler country banner hung in your backyard.
    It's just a joke. We had a sig altering contest on the Bengals board a while back. One of your fans altered mine so with my limited photoshop (MS Paint) skills I did what I could with his "Steelers country" sig. It was all in good fun...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    At the bottom of that banner should read, this is where you get, when you drop Carson.
    Just helping you out Jom. Good Superbowl banner, bet you guys had one, or won one.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    It's over on the Bengal Smack Forum under a thread titled 'Classless Steeler Fans'. Needless to say they aren't too happy about it. Too funny. The last I saw NKy hadn't taken credit for it ... is anyone missing their blow-up doll?
    What kills the Bungals is that they couldn't find a Bungals fan in Western Pa to do anything like this. heck, most of the fans at their practcie are probably Steeler fans scouting

The Bungals are a joke of a franchise with probably the smallest fan base in the entire NFL. We know it and they know it. Anyone want to take a guess at the over/under on what percentage of their stadium is taken over by Steeler fans when we play there this year?
    That would make sense, expect for the fact that we had more fans at our games last season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2007

We can get into a debate on how fan attendence is "counted" at each stadium, but overall the numbers prove that the difference in fans isn't something to brag about...
    that list is not accurate at all. thats bs numbers, i lived outside of miami for a while and i know what kind of fan base the dolphins have. no way in hell last season did they have the #10 best attendence. thats a joke, even when they were really good they still struggled to fill the stadium. their last playoff game at home was blacked out because of poor attendence, but all of a sudden during a 1-15 season the attendence sky rockets? c'mon

BIG FAN

It's just a joke. We had a sig altering contest on the Bengals board a while back. One of your fans altered mine so with my limited photoshop (MS Paint) skills I did what I could with his "Steelers country" sig. It was all in good fun...

Guess I get the rolling eyes because you thought I meant we actually tried to send Kimo in that day. That's not it rest assured, we would have dropped him anyway.
    Told you I was helping you OUT.
    (JOM admit it you are a Closet STEELER FAN.)
    I'S O.K. we accept most, or best them into the fold anyways.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    that list is not accurate at all. thats bs numbers, i lived outside of miami for a while and i know what kind of fan base the dolphins have. no way in hell last season did they have the #10 best attendence. thats a joke, even when they were really good they still struggled to fill the stadium. their last playoff game at home was blacked out because of poor attendence, but all of a sudden during a 1-15 season the attendence sky rockets? c'mon
    Teams count their actual fan attendance #'s differently. Some just go by tickets sold, some go by how many actually came into the stadium that day, etc... It's not an exact science, but in terms of revenue for ticket sales those #'s are accurate.

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the amount of bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

Guess I get the rolling eyes because you thought I meant we actually tried to send Kimo in that day. That's not it rest assured, we would have dropped him anyway.
    You get the rolling eye's because the comment wasn't worth a response. I never thought the hit was intentional and I still don't.

As for me being a closet steeler fan, no thanks. I'm just not a blinded homer Bengals fan, but I'm not even close to being a Steelers fan.

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns. At least you guys have a right to be cocky SOB's...

Hall of Famer

Teams count their actual fan attendance #'s differently. Some just go by tickets sold, some go by how many actually came into the stadium that day, etc... It's not an exact science, but in terms of revenue for ticket sales those #'s are accurate.

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

You get the rolling eye's because the comment wasn't worth a response. I never thought the hit was intentional and I still don't.

As for me being a closet steeler fan, no thanks. I'm just not a blinded homer Bengals fan, but I'm not even close to being a Steelers fan.

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns...
    oh ok i gotcha. but how could you get any kind of stats to show how well steeler fans travel? i guess im just missing something. every steeler game i've been to on the road its been a pretty impresive showing to say the least. i dont need numbers to back that up. its always been amazing to me the kind of following the cowboys have. if your not from texas how can anyone like them?

BIG FAN

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns...
    That's o.k. Jom. We wouldn't respect you if you said you liked the stains.
    Just jaggin'. You are not a blazing, blinded homer, don't blame you for coming over here to get a little football talk, and give some back without blinders. I still think you need to come to the "dark side", it's happier with a winning team, win or lose, you still are a respectful member of the board. (For a knowledegable football smack talkin' troll.)

Pro Bowler

oh ok i gotcha. but how could you get any kind of stats to show how well steeler fans travel? i guess im just missing something. every steeler game i've been to on the road its been a pretty impresive showing to say the least. i dont need numbers to back that up. its always been amazing to me the kind of following the cowboys have. if your not from texas how can anyone like them?
    This link splits the numbers into "road" and "home" attendance rankings. You guys overall are in the 20's but road wise your average attendance is the 5th best in the NFL. Which is a good indication that you guys travel well.

Or an indication that people want to see your team play. Which is why I think Cincy in ranked 10th overall road wise. People like to see the high-powered offense.

Either way our numbers attendance wise are fairly comparable...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    It's over on the Bengal Smack Forum under a thread titled 'Classless Steeler Fans'. Needless to say they aren't too happy about it. Too funny. The last I saw NKy hadn't taken credit for it ... is anyone missing their blow-up doll?
    What kills the Bungals is that they couldn't find a Bungals fan in Western Pa to do anything like this. heck, most of the fans at their practcie are probably Steeler fans scouting

The Bungals are a joke of a franchise with probably the smallest fan base in the entire NFL. We know it and they know it. Anyone want to take a guess at the over/under on what percentage of their stadium is taken over by Steeler fans when we play there this year?
    That would make sense, expect for the fact that we had more fans at our games last season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2007

We can get into a debate on how fan attendence is "counted" at each stadium, but overall the numbers prove that the difference in fans isn't something to brag about...
    I would think that one of the best measures of fan base is how many fans a team has outside it's local area. After all, someone who is a football fan normally grows up to support his local team, but you can really get a feel for fan support when you travel away from the city and find fans.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I think that only them and the Packers can even come close to the national support that the Steelers have.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Bengals hit the road and the host city was forced to run ads begging fans not to sell their tickets to Bengals fans?