Re: ESPN: Bengals 'far apart' on contract with draft pick Rivers

The Bengals = pirates.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

You guys have only yourselves to blame. I think all the Bengal threads hyping him as the next LT caused his ego to skyrocket.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here ST and say that Keith Rivers doesn't check the Message Boards.

Just because a handful of delusional posters might think that doesn't mean Rivers does. Anyone with even a half way decent knowledge of football wouldn't compare a person with zero sacks last season to one of the greatest LB's in NFL history at getting at the QB.

Rivers is a solid tackler which is what the majority of sports writers and fans are saying. Not that he is LT...
    Oh, I know.

I am enjoying this however, especially after all the over-hyping I saw from tools like SLS and others. Reading some posts, you'd think this man was going to single-handedly save your defense. Don't get me wrong, he'll probably end up being the best player on your D, but that's not saying much. And yes, he'll be a solid tackler, which is already an upgrade.

I can't say I blame him for his actions though, considering your history of bad luck with LB's. But I will agree that it will probably come back to bite him in the arse later.

Besides, we all know Woodley will be better anyway. (knocks on wood)
    You should know better than to take SLS's comments seriously. I'm sure if I visited the official Steelers board, I could find some posters as delusional as him.

As for Woodley you guys getting him before us in the draft last year still annoys me. Instead we get that tool kenny irons.

Plus Johnathan Joseph is the best player we have on defense. MARK MY WORDS!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    The Bengals = pirates.
    Does that mean you get owned by pirate fans in debates as well?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh, I know.

I am enjoying this however, especially after all the over-hyping I saw from tools like SLS and others. Reading some posts, you'd think this man was going to single-handedly save your defense. Don't get me wrong, he'll probably end up being the best player on your D, but that's not saying much. And yes, he'll be a solid tackler, which is already an upgrade.

I can't say I blame him for his actions though, considering your history of bad luck with LB's. But I will agree that it will probably come back to bite him in the arse later.

Besides, we all know Woodley will be better anyway. (knocks on wood)
    You should know better than to take SLS's comments seriously. I'm sure if I visited the official Steelers board, I could find some posters as delusional as him.

As for Woodley you guys getting him before us in the draft last year still annoys me. Instead we get that tool kenny irons.

Plus Johnathan Joseph is the best player we have on defense. MARK MY WORDS!!!
    If you do find one, let me know.

Actually, you just might. I haven't been there since I was banned last year (I think it was for calling Ghostwriter a moron). I don't care anyway, that board sucks.

Anyhoo, Irons might have worked out well for you guys hadn't he gotten injured.

And at the last part.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Actually, you just might. I haven't been there since I was banned last year (I think it was for calling Ghostwriter a moron). I don't care anyway, that board sucks.

And at the last part.
    I figured you would like that last part.

As for Kenny "The Franchise" Irons, I'm glad we cut that punk...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gue2h0rogiY[/url]

BIG FAN

And at the last part.
    I figured you would like that last part.

As for Kenny "The Franchise" Irons, I'm glad we cut that punk...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gue2h0rogiY[/url]
    Damn JOM! Lighten up bud. It's only the Bengals were talking about. It's not like they were expected to do well or anything. Ease up on yourself guy, you will live longer being a closet Steeler fan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN

Damn JOM! Lighten up bud. It's only the Bengals were talking about. It's not like they were expected to do well or anything. Ease up on yourself guy, you will live longer being a closet Steeler fan.
    Actually I expect us to make the playoffs this season. I like what's going on in camp and I think we'll surprise a lot of people this year...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN

Actually I expect us to make the playoffs this season. I like what's going on in camp and I think we'll surprise a lot of people this year...

Wait let me catch my breath..........aight.

Trolls are people too.