Thread: RESPECT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

RESPECT

Whether you are for it or against it, you can't deny the Rooney family deserves respect. Watch this youtube video and tell me that you don't feel like we're going to lose something bigger than the game if the Rooney's lose the team.

[youtube:3u0z6t5r]MESHhDrdpQI&NR=1[/youtube:3u0z6t5r]
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: RESPECT

I am very excited to see what could be the last showing of "The Chief" this summer. But I totally understand that it was Dan, and Art Jr to an extent, who built the Steelers as a winning football team. Art Sr. was too much into the good ole boys network, especially in the coaching ranks. FWIW, I totally don't understand the thinking behind Steelers fans who want the Rooneys out and money in, but to each their own I guess. I know there is no right answer here, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Who knows what is going to happen in the future, but I would feel much more comfortable with the Dan Rooney at the helm

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I am very excited to see what could be the last showing of "The Chief" this summer. But I totally understand that it was Dan, and Art Jr to an extent, who built the Steelers as a winning football team. Art Sr. was too much into the good ole boys network, especially in the coaching ranks. FWIW, I totally don't understand the thinking behind Steelers fans who want the Rooneys out and money in, but to each their own I guess. I know there is no right answer here, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Who knows what is going to happen in the future, but I would feel much more comfortable with the Dan Rooney at the helm
    there are people that want the rooney's out?? whats the thinking behind that mindset?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    there are people that want the rooney's out?? whats the thinking behind that mindset?
    Rooney's are cheap, Rooney's don't sign FA's, Rooney's hired Tomlin...pick anything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Rooney's are cheap, Rooney's don't sign FA's, Rooney's hired Tomlin...pick anything.
    well thats stupid every year they are right at the salary cap, so they arent cheap with salaries.

BIG FAN

I saw this original post last night and it made me think that we as fans don't really know shid about the Rooney's unless we see a picture of the Chief.
    The title of the thread was RESPECT, and look at us, quibbling instead of giving praise.
    Thank you Chief, thank you Rooney family. Even if the inevitable tide change rolls in, younz still will have left all of us from S.W. PA. the NFL, and the world, WITH AN INDELIBLE MARK OF CLASS AND SPORTSMANSHIP THAT SADLY THE LIKES OF WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN.

Respect is never given gratiously, it is earned.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    I saw this original post last night and it made me think that we as fans don't really know shid about the Rooney's unless we see a picture of the Chief.
    The title of the thread was RESPECT, and look at us, quibbling instead of giving praise.
    Thank you Chief, thank you Rooney family. Even if the inevitable tide change rolls in, younz still will have left all of us from S.W. PA. the NFL, and the world, WITH AN INDELIBLE MARK OF CLASS AND SPORTSMANSHIP THAT SADLY THE LIKES OF WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN.

Respect is never given gratiously, it is earned.

Well said
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed with all you said, but I don't think anyone is quibbling. costanza2k1, I hope, was just pointing out the reasons some fans want the Rooneys out and are intrigued by new ownership. I have and will forever fall on keeping Dan fully in charge and keeping this team under Rooney family control.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed with all you said, but I don't think anyone is quibbling. costanza2k1, I hope, was just pointing out the reasons some fans want the Rooneys out and are intrigued by new ownership. I have and will forever fall on keeping Dan fully in charge and keeping this team under Rooney family control.
    You are correct. I'm deeply saddened by this potential sale and was upset with the fans that didn't give a rats. In no way was I agreeing with them. The Rooney family reminds me of my family and any other family who has taken what America is all about opportunity. They built something from the ground up and I would hate to see them lose it. My family came here with $55 not in the 30's but in the late 70s and through hard work we're well established and educated now. If we were to lose everything we built the community would feel it just as we are feeling it like with the Steelers.

The examples I gave as to why people weren't happy were my being sarcastic.