Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favre reinstated

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT - Favre reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    This Favre stuff is getting beyond silly!! The NFLN is now showing live shots of the EMPTY podium that Mike McCarthy will be addressing the media at any moment.
    Right to that Oz.
    The only thing I think about it that's laughable to me was how a couple weeks ago the Packers GM was so outspoken about the new direction, the coach was naming a starter blah,blah, blah. And now it's a complete reversal. I dont know who is worse in this mess Farve or the front office. Personally I could give sheet less.
    Ever play poker? Do you show your cards?

BIG FAN

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "BIG FAN":igp53s8a
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    This Favre stuff is getting beyond silly!! The NFLN is now showing live shots of the EMPTY podium that Mike McCarthy will be addressing the media at any moment.
    Right to that Oz.
    The only thing I think about it that's laughable to me was how a couple weeks ago the Packers GM was so outspoken about the new direction, the coach was naming a starter blah,blah, blah. And now it's a complete reversal. I dont know who is worse in this mess Farve or the front office. Personally I could give sheet less.
    Ever play poker? Do you show your cards? [/quote:igp53s8a]

I'd play poker with ALL of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting take by Steve Czaban this morning on Fox Sports Radio. He believes that Favre did all this on purpose so he could eventually get to the "I just can't get over the slight and play in Green Bay" point because he really wanted to be traded all along. But...he didn't want to be the one to look bad by demanding a trade.

Pretty sneaky sis.

He went on to say he believes Favre wasn't happy with McCarthy reigning him in from his gunslinging ways (which was the right thing to do) and Ted Thompson focusing on building the defense (which was the right thing to do) and decided he wanted out.

Czaban went on to say he believes that what athletes want more than anything else (because they are divas) is to be wanted...and since McCarthy and Thompson didn't cater to him he didn't feel wanted.

Wah Brett. Wah, wah, wah.

Look for Favre to be a Buc sometime today.