Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favre basically blackmailing the Packers

LasVegasGuy

Re: Favre basically blackmailing the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The Packers are saying the right things now that they've been forced, but they'll trade him...just watch!
    I hope you're right. I've lost any respect I've had for Favre (not that I had much to begin with) and if they make him their starter again, I'll lose all respect for the Packers.

i hope he isnt traded. i think the best thing the pack could do is keep farve and make him the back up. that would be so sweet watching him and his stupid white beard on the side lines holding a clipboard. oh i forgot im sure brett farve is too good to hold a clipboard and give signals
    Sweet is going to be when the Packers start 0-2 with Brett on the bench. This would be the stupidest mistake by a CEO and a head coach ever. Fan support for these guys would go to zero and the fans would be screaming for their heads. If they want to keep their jobs they start the future hall of famer who took his team to the NFC Championship game. I like Brett and I am glad to see he wants to come back and compete. How about Aaron Rodgers stats in the scrimmage game? Something like 7 for 20, 84 yards and 1 interception. Shouldn't be too much trouble for Brett to beat this guy out in training camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    He not doing anything to them that they were trying to do to him. In the end he wants to play, can still play & if they don't want him, then he should be able to go to another team. All in all this is a ****ty way to treat the greatest player in your team's history. This isn't Namath or Unitas hanging on by the skin of their teeth, Brett can play & they should let him. He's being treated poorly by a few small guys (Thompson, McCarthy & Murphy) who won't be remembered for anything more than this & I hope when Favre finally gets in the HOF, that he gives those guys the cold shoulder.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. While I've never considered Favre a "great" QB, like most do, I've always thought of him as one of the most exciting QBs in the game. One of his greatest attributes was being a team player and the sacrifices he's made for the team. I think the crap he's pulled the last four or so years has severely tarnished that image. At least it has in my mind and it seems others. It was nice to hear Al Michaels hit up Madden last night about "don't you think the Packers are tired of playing this game for the last 4 years?". To me Favre has screwed the Packers with regards to the salary cap, free agency and the draft for the last 4 years. That is not what a team player would do for his team.

So while I do believe Farve can still be an effective QB the situation is not as simple as saying he wants to play so why not let him. Farve has gone over and above what anyone thought to make sure they know "it's all about Brett" and to he!! with the team. Of course this is all JMHO.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sweet is going to be when the Packers start 0-2 with Brett on the bench. This would be the stupidest mistake by a CEO and a head coach ever. Fan support for these guys would go to zero and the fans would be screaming for their heads. If they want to keep their jobs they start the future hall of famer who took his team to the NFC Championship game. I like Brett and I am glad to see he wants to come back and compete. How about Aaron Rodgers stats in the scrimmage game? Something like 7 for 20, 84 yards and 1 interception. Shouldn't be too much trouble for Brett to beat this guy out in training camp.

well thats your opinion. i would love to see farve embarrased in any way not that he hasnt embarassed himself already. wow a scrimage game. thats much more credible than a game last year against the cowboys on the road

LasVegasGuy

well thats your opinion. i would love to see farve embarrased in any way not that he hasnt embarassed himself already. wow a scrimage game. thats much more credible than a game last year against the cowboys on the road
    If you can't complete passes against the guys you see everyday then good luck during the regular season. By the way Farve will not embarass himself and your crazy to think he will, he is a first ballot H.O.F. Why do you think the Pack aren't releasing him? They don't want to be embarassed on Monday night when Favre lights them up for 30+ points playing for the Vikings. Favre and Peterson would be a fun offense to watch. Glad they aren't in the AFC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

If you can't complete passes against the guys you see everyday then good luck during the regular season. By the way Farve will not embarass himself and your crazy to think he will, he is a first ballot H.O.F. Why do you think the Pack aren't releasing him? They don't want to be embarassed on Monday night when Favre lights them up for 30+ points playing for the Vikings. Favre and Peterson would be a fun offense to watch. Glad they aren't in the AFC.
    ye but i said i HOPE he will embarrass himself not HE WILL. they arent releasing him because they wouldnt get anything in return and yes he would most likely be a viking so they would have to face him twice a year. its not good rogers struggeled in a practice game but its a PRACTICE game. i'll go with what i saw last year in the REGULAR season to evaluate how good he looked. he is a first ballot hof'er but he still has thrown more ints than anyone else

LasVegasGuy

ye but i said i HOPE he will embarrass himself not HE WILL. they arent releasing him because they wouldnt get anything in return and yes he would most likely be a viking so they would have to face him twice a year. its not good rogers struggeled in a practice game but its a PRACTICE game. i'll go with what i saw last year in the REGULAR season to evaluate how good he looked. he is a first ballot hof'er but he still has thrown more ints than anyone else
    Favre is a gun slinger. He takes chances and I like that about the guy. Roethlisberger is the same way. How many times have you seen him throw a pass he shouldn't have and you told yourself what the heck was he thinking? Then he comes back the next series makes the same identical throw and this time it goes for a big gain? Sometimes these gunslingers win and sometimes they lose but as a fan you expect that going in.

Interceptions are somewhat misleading because of the scenarios surrounding each one. Should it really count as an interception when the ball is tipped and then intercepted? Maybe it should count as a 1/2 interception sort of like sacks. What about a hail mary at the end of the half or end of the game? Should these really count? I mean a quarterback could have a fantastic day but throws two hail mary's at the end of the half and game and his stats show 2 picks. I don't know how many of these fall into the Favre interception category but it may be worth a look. Estimate 6 a year x 16 years and it really starts to add up.

I know you and alot of people are frustrated with the whole Brett Favre circus and I completely understand. Keep in mind this circus wouldn't be happening if the Packers would declare him the starter or move on without him by releasing him. The only reason this is still an issue is because the Packers are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you can't defend passes against the guys you see every day then good luck during the regular season.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

If you can't defend passes against the guys you see every day then good luck during the regular season.
    Advantage defense.

BIG FAN

LVG, you summed it up.
    Now that he's back with the Pack, anymore B.S. is moot.
    This saga/soap opera is over.
    BACK to Steeler football.