Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favre basically blackmailing the Packers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Favre basically blackmailing the Packers

Right?? I mean, he's basically saying give me the $20 million (or more) and I won't eff with you anymore. Ok, I'm not sure if the offer was his agent's idea or the Pack's idea, but if Brett takes the offer it shows that it really was all about the money and he is a liar and a doosh (something I've been saying for years.

It'd be nice if the HOF voters remember this when Brett become eligible. Then again, if they voted Irvin in, they'll let pretty much anyone in.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Favre basically blackmailing the Packers

It isn't the greatest website, but the address says it all:

[url="http://www.favresucks.com/"]http://www.favresucks.com/[/url]

Have a nice day and Blow Pack!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Backup

User Info Menu

This marketing deal for 20 mill was in the works before Favre hinted that he wanted to return. Both parties have agreed publicly with this so although it's about a lot of things, I don't think it's about money.

Think about it, if it's about money, all he has to do is report to camp, be the back up and make 14 million over the last two years of his contract.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    This marketing deal for 20 mill was in the works before Favre hinted that he wanted to return. Both parties have agreed publicly with this so although it's about a lot of things, I don't think it's about money.

Think about it, if it's about money, all he has to do is report to camp, be the back up and make 14 million over the last two years of his contract.
    and in reality- he has three years remaining at a total of $39mil- not that the pack would let him see that $.

what is happening right now, is all of the other teams that might be interested in him realize that, not only can favre effectively veto any trade- if he is not interested in that team, but- he can effectively force the packers to release him- by showing up to camp.

This is exactly what is happening now. Farve knows the packers can not keep him on the roster as a $12mil back-up to a less talented Arron Rogers, without creating HUGE team, fan, and media uproar.- So they will be forced to start him, thus effectively lossing Rogers for the future, or cut him- which means he'll be a Viking.

I think what you have happening- is GB is realizing this- and likely trying to get - at least something in return- even if it is from Minn or Chi- but i think both of those teams realize the same issue- GB is going to be forced to release him- so why give up anything.

If the report that he is going to show up to camp today or tomorrow, is true- i think you can assume that he will be starting in GB- or a Viking by mid week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He not doing anything to them that they were trying to do to him. In the end he wants to play, can still play & if they don't want him, then he should be able to go to another team. All in all this is a ****ty way to treat the greatest player in your team's history. This isn't Namath or Unitas hanging on by the skin of their teeth, Brett can play & they should let him. He's being treated poorly by a few small guys (Thompson, McCarthy & Murphy) who won't be remembered for anything more than this & I hope when Favre finally gets in the HOF, that he gives those guys the cold shoulder.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz

I didn't know the marketing deal was in the works . The way the media reported this was that they made the offer in an effort to keep him away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

im so sick of hearing about farve. he is such a douche, my god. why cant he just retire? what does he have to prove? the packers arent a sb team and i highly doubt he is coming back because he wants to win another sb. i feel bad for rodgers, i would love it if they had farve back him up, but i know that wont happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Packers are saying the right things now that they've been forced, but they'll trade him...just watch!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The Packers are saying the right things now that they've been forced, but they'll trade him...just watch!
    I hope you're right. I've lost any respect I've had for Favre (not that I had much to begin with) and if they make him their starter again, I'll lose all respect for the Packers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I hope you're right. I've lost any respect I've had for Favre (not that I had much to begin with) and if they make him their starter again, I'll lose all respect for the Packers.

i hope he isnt traded. i think the best thing the pack could do is keep farve and make him the back up. that would be so sweet watching him and his stupid white beard on the side lines holding a clipboard. oh i forgot im sure brett farve is too good to hold a clipboard and give signals