Thread: Injury report

Steely76

Injury report

From the Trib:
    Wide receiver Santonio Holmes and center Sean Mahan did not practice Friday. Holmes had a death in the family, and he has been excused until Sunday. Mahan had some back discomfort. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a slight groin pull during last night's practice. Free safety Anthony Smith tried to practice in the morning, but he could not finish because of a groin problem.

Now there's a surprise, Mahan with back discomfort. I guess so since he spends most of his time on his back.

Pro Bowler

Re: Injury report

I'm a little embarassed to admit that I was relieved when I read that Santonio was only out because of a death in the family

I'll be at church in a few hours and say a prayer.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    From the Trib:
    Wide receiver Santonio Holmes and center Sean Mahan did not practice Friday. Holmes had a death in the family, and he has been excused until Sunday. Mahan had some back discomfort. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a slight groin pull during last night's practice. Free safety Anthony Smith tried to practice in the morning, but he could not finish because of a groin problem.

Now there's a surprise, Mahan with back discomfort. I guess so since he spends most of his time on his back.
    Given that they resigned Legursky it may be more than "back discomfort." Personnaly I'd be getting LeCharles Bentley into camp instead of Legursky.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Maybe we'll get lucky enough and the team will put Mahan on IR. :P

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    Given that they resigned Legursky it may be more than "back discomfort." Personnaly I'd be getting LeCharles Bentley into camp instead of Legursky.
    I'm just one person saying this, but I think Bentley is done playing ball.

I like the idea of bringing him in. But let's be realistic. He is a no-risk, high-reward player to bring in from the open market with All-Pro credentials. The fact that no one else has brought him in to this point is a huge red flag.

It hasn't been said, but the teams in the league are probably similar in terms of scouting. I think that the fact that Bentley hasn't seen live action in two years and that he probably doesn't check out completely physically is why teams are staying away.

I'm sure the Steelers could use Bentley somehow (probably as a G). But I'll be damned if I'm going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen. Besides, if they did bring Bentley in, would that indicate a sense of panic on the part of the Steelers?
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

BIG FAN

For an injury report, I though this post lacking. (Kinda like Mahon.)