Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers dismiss talk that Browns should win AFC North

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers dismiss talk that Browns should win AFC North

You know that the Browns have sucked out loud for a long time, but these two facts from the article just cement the amount of time it has been since they were even a reasonably adequate NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Only three Steelers players - Hines Ward, Deshea Townsend and Aaron Smith - were around when they lost to Cleveland in 1999 and 2000.

Cleveland hasn't won a division championship since 1989, when former Steelers coach Chuck Noll still was two years away from retirement.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Browns will have to earn their respect. They will have to take their respect. And the Steelers are not about to just lie down and give it to them. The fact is...they still don't match up well against the Steelers. I think the Steelers will take both games once again and the Browns will hit a wall mid-season and blow up.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    The Browns will have to earn their respect. They will have to take their respect. And the Steelers are not about to just lie down and give it to them. The fact is...they still don't match up well against the Steelers. I think the Steelers will take both games once again and the Browns will hit a wall mid-season and blow up.
    I don't think that the Browns last until mid-season! I can see this team starting out 1-3 and things crumbling fast. That city is so geeked up for this season that things could turn ugly fast if it doesn't go as expected. Cleveland Fans around here are actually talking about going to the Super Bowl, and how they are the best team not only in the division but in the conference. What a joke? Who exactly did they beat last year that was an impressive win? What happens to the Browns when they are spread out? Who on that team is going to cover Ward, Holmes, Washington, Sweed, & Miller, let alone stop the run? Yeah they probably improved on the D Line, but sacrificed the secondary to do so, and their LB's are still marginal at best! Jamal is paid now so I fully expect to see him revert back to his old I don't want to get hit self. I guess we will see, but I just don't see anything better than 7-9 for the Stains this year!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

BIG FAN

Let's look at it fairly.
    I think it's fair to say that like I've heard from the most obvious philosophers around, people who have common sense. (Not the pretzel logic out of the bars of the denizens of Berea.) That indeed, the stains will suffer miserably at the hands of Cryboys, then we beat thier asz at home again. You know the first time we beat them last year they got rid of the QB! (Bet Sea. loves us!)
    T his year we pound some nails into them AS ALWAYS. I think after being embarrassed by the cryboys, we actually hurt them like they did to the bungles last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Same old media hype garbage. Find a team that slings the ball all over the place and the media falls in love with them and overlooks all their shortcomings. It is simple--those teams make it easy to find highlights for the 10 second "Sports McNuggets" segments on ESPN and the NFL Network.

The Browns this season will be just like the Saints of 2007 and the Bungals of 2007. Lots of hype about their high powered offenses only to fall into the same old level of mediocrity that they truly deserve.

The Browns have probably one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. They play many of the same NFC East and AFC South opponents we do. Theyare going to get lit up like a Christmas tree this year. Same for the Bungals. The only way to be successful against the common NFC East and AFC South opponents we face is a strong defense. The Browns and Bungals barely have mediocre NFL defenses.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"