Thread: Kevin Greene taking Woodley under his wing!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kevin Greene taking Woodley under his wing!!

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10915132"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10915132[/url]

More training camp stuff.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Kevin Greene taking Woodley under his wing!!

The fact that Woodley primarily remembers Greene as a wrestler makes me feel old!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Great read Ozey. I honestly feel that Woodley has more "tools" than Greene. He could be a very special player.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you watch the video report from Latrobe by Pete Prisco? He predicted 80 catches and 1500 yards for Santonio , and 15 sacks for Woodley. He was adamant that the Steelers are the class of the division, not Cleveland. And in another video, he said that people were overreacting to the loss of the Sepulveda, saying that if you had to choose one guy on your roster to lose for the year, it would be the punter, because you could take the 32 starting punters in the NFL, put them on a desert island, and replace them with 32 new guys, and no one would notice.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

great read, this could only help woodley get even better. its great kevin greene still wants some involvement with the steelers, i always loved him as a player and person. he also should be in the hall of fame, but i would think he would get in eventually

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    great read, this could only help woodley get even better. its great kevin greene still wants some involvement with the steelers, i always loved him as a player and person. he also should be in the hall of fame, but i would think he would get in eventually
    I find it a joke that Andre Tippett will be inducted in the HOF today!! There are only 17 LB in the HOF & one of them is Andre Tippet?? Please!

I don't see how Andre Tippett can be inducted while K. Greene isn't in!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I find it a joke that Andre Tippett will be inducted in the HOF today!! There are only 17 LB in the HOF & one of them is Andre Tippet?? Please!

oh god thats an absolute travesty. what did he play something like 8 years? and how is derrick thomas not in the hof and tippett is? some selections i just have to scratch my head. chris carter is another guy who should have been a first ballot hof'er and art monk deserves to be in as well, he has waited long enough. greene will get there though. eventhough im not lucky enough to have seen the 70's steelers, i feel pretty lucky to have watched the defenses in the 90's. woodson was one of the best cb's in the game, greene will be a hof'er gregg lloyd wont be but he is close and carnell lake was an elite safety and was very good at cb. its a damn shame those teams never got a ring

Legend

User Info Menu

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

oh god thats an absolute travesty. what did he play something like 8 years? and how is derrick thomas not in the hof and tippett is? some selections i just have to scratch my head. chris carter is another guy who should have been a first ballot hof'er and art monk deserves to be in as well, he has waited long enough. greene will get there though. eventhough im not lucky enough to have seen the 70's steelers, i feel pretty lucky to have watched the defenses in the 90's. woodson was one of the best cb's in the game, greene will be a hof'er gregg lloyd wont be but he is close and carnell lake was an elite safety and was very good at cb. its a damn shame those teams never got a ring
    Frank, like yourself I don't recall the Steelers of the 70's. I was born in the burbs' at Jeanette Mercy in 74' which was the year of ring #1. But, I know enough on the Steelers lore of the the 70's to know that it's BS that Tippett is in while Andy Russell & Kevin Greene are not!!!

Can we get a video of the old Sesame Street song "which of these things don't belong here" posted in honor of Tippett???

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Did you watch the video report from Latrobe by Pete Prisco? He predicted 80 catches and 1500 yards for Santonio , and 15 sacks for Woodley. He was adamant that the Steelers are the class of the division, not Cleveland. And in another video, he said that people were overreacting to the loss of the Sepulveda, saying that if you had to choose one guy on your roster to lose for the year, it would be the punter, because you could take the 32 starting punters in the NFL, put them on a desert island, and replace them with 32 new guys, and no one would notice.
    That was my 1st thought too. If I knew that I had to pick one position to have a season ending injury happen, I'd have to go punter as well.

Punting is important and I'm glad that we have someone with a lot of potential, but my hope is this year we won't be using him a lot anyway.