Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Time To Worry About The Line

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: It's Time To Worry About The Line

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    We all know that this line is going to take some time coming together.
    Very true.... But we said that ALL YEAR last season... First, they need to decide on a center and give it to Hartwig... Second, they need to let them get alot of work in together as a complete unit... But either way, there is not a whole lot different from last season, which is what has me somewhat concerned.
    I totally agree on setting a first unit and letting it grow. I think that was one of the major problems we had last year. Plus having an anchor who couldn't do the job didn't help. I think that if we put Hartwig in the middle and Kemo comes back soon then we should just set the line after the game against Philly and let them play next to each other. The line shuffling last year was annoying! I would say if Kemo isn't practicing by next week then Essex or Mahan should get the job for continuity purposes.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

We all know that this line is going to take some time coming together.
    Very true.... But we said that ALL YEAR last season... First, they need to decide on a center and give it to Hartwig... Second, they need to let them get alot of work in together as a complete unit... But either way, there is not a whole lot different from last season, which is what has me somewhat concerned.
    I totally agree on setting a first unit and letting it grow. I think that was one of the major problems we had last year. Plus having an anchor who couldn't do the job didn't help. I think that if we put Hartwig in the middle and Kemo comes back soon then we should just set the line after the game against Philly and let them play next to each other. The line shuffling last year was annoying! I would say if Kemo isn't practicing by next week then Essex or Mahan should get the job for continuity purposes.
    Nah...put Colon at LG, then let your $7 million man start at RT.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would say if Kemo isn't practicing by next week then Essex or Mahan should get the job for continuity purposes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Question: Why move Colon out of the RT position (he was originally listed there last season) when Mahan has experience at guard?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Question: Why move Colon out of the RT position (he was originally listed there last season) when Mahan has experience at guard?
    IIRC Mahan lost his starting job after 1 season starting at guard for Tampa. They even drafted a Guard (Davin Joseph) to replace him.

I wonder if Essex can become the LG many of us were hoping Colon would be?

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    IIRC Mahan lost his starting job after 1 season starting at guard for Tampa. They even drafted a Guard (Davin Joseph) to replace him.
    ... Then apparently Mahan isn't too great at either position.

Starter

User Info Menu

... Then apparently Mahan isn't too great at either position.
    I prefer to say Mahan has reached undreamed of levels of suckiness...

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I prefer to say Mahan has reached undreamed of levels of suckiness...
    ........... Agreed!
    ...I don't want him at center. He can't stop a NT from the rush... I figure he'll be a decent backup to Kemo, but he (Kemo) needs to get off the PUP list and start playing first...

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we try to refrain from panic until we actually have our full line out there?
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Can we try to refrain from panic until we actually have our full line out there?
    I guess I can refrain for now... but if Mahan wins the starting center position can we panic then??

Another AS masterpiece.