Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice read on Holmes

Pro Bowler

Nice read on Holmes

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08214/901123-66.stm

It appears that the leadership role for the WRs will be in good hands once Hines retires in the next 2 to 3 years. It is a good thing this team usually has quality individuals on the team.

Legend

Re: Nice read on Holmes

If he stays healthy, I see Holmes having 70+ catches, 1000+ yards and 8-10 TDs.

He became the Steelers best receiver last year. I'm hoping he steps it up to another level this year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

sounds like he has no values or morals huh (sarcasim)

Pro Bowler

He has done a great job of keeping himself out of trouble. Remember the domestic situation he had with his baby's momma the summer after he was drafted???

Hall of Famer

he was very fortunate to be drafted by a team like the steelers. if he had been drafted by another team he could of ended up like chris henry?

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    he was very fortunate to be drafted by a team like the steelers. if he had been drafted by another team he could of ended up like chris henry?

You got a good point. It's easy to forget rookies are young kids & are, in some cases, still in the need of role models. Holmes, or any Steelers rookie, had a locker room full of role models waiting for him.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

You got a good point. It's easy to forget rookies are young kids & are, in some cases, still in the need of role models. Holmes, or any Steelers rookie, had a locker room full of role models waiting for him.
    if more teams took the same stance as the steelers do in regards to character issues then i'd be willing to bet the number of nfl players getting arrested would decrease. a lot of teams just put up with it and these guys dont learn anything from their mistakes. how could they if they can get away with it and pay a small penalty

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I wasn't all that excited by the fact that he was complaining about how long the OTA's were and the fact that they started out training camp in full pads when he thought it would only be in shells. It just didn't sound like a guy who was dedicated to putting in maximum effort to get ready for the season. Of course, then I see the video from the speed camp he attended after the OTA's ended, and those worries ceased. Dude is talented enough to do pretty much whatever he wants to between the white lines and I'm glad we have him on our team (I'm conveniently forgetting when I cursed giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick to move up from 32 to 25, but that just goes to show you that the front office is smarter than me when it comes to football matters...at least one of us here is willing to admit that. )

Hall of Famer

does anyone else recall hearing last season that he was going to workout with jerry rice this offseason? i havent heard anything about that at all

If Holmes plays all 16 games I see his numbers at:

78 catches 1310 yards and 12 TDs.

I could see Holmes putting it all together this year. He should get more opportunities with Ward starting his decline. Ward will become less and less of a go to WR in the next few seasons. Holmes will fill that slot nicely. Also, Sweed should take some of the double coverage off of Holmes. Teams will certainly have to keep an eye on Sweed.