Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Center Position Still Up For Grabs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Center Position Still Up For Grabs

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    I should probably relax. I guess you can't make Mahan the backup guard until he loses his starting job @ center, huh?
    ... Just another reason to name Hartwig the starter early.... Give Mahan some time at the guard position during camp with the backups.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Another disturbing subject title keyed in by NKy.

:P
    ...Just a "Freudian slip", there, sailor... <<he says with a lisp>>...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what happens if Kemo is injured during the season?

the way the article reads isn't comforting.

nothing in regards to the o-line is comforting. they could always have colon play LG until kemo is back, but that would mean mahan would still be on the bench and a player of mahan's caliber should never be on the bench

to think that colon might be a back up is sickening. he was one of the better o-lineman last year and he was playing out of position. no way starks doesnt start JUST because of his contract. its really a bunch of crap

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

nothing in regards to the o-line is comforting. they could always have colon play LG until kemo is back, but that would mean mahan would still be on the bench and a player of mahan's caliber should never be on the bench

to think that colon might be a back up is sickening. he was one of the better o-lineman last year and he was playing out of position. no way starks doesnt start JUST because of his contract. its really a bunch of crap
    Mahan played guard on the line that blocked for Cadillac Williams the year he won rookie of the year. Could just be that he is totally out of position at center and he might actually be a decent guard.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would vote for Colon at LG, allowing Max to start at RT again. Then when Kemo comes back, let him compete with Simmons at RG (where a man of Kemo's girth would be a better fit than at LG), and hopefully he wins this time (Zeirlein said he was close last year).

I think Smith-Colon-Hartwig-Kemoeatu-Starks is your best combination of 5 (I like having 3 nasty guys like that in the interior), while still having some decent experience among your back-up options of Essex-Mahan-Stapleton-Simmons-Hills.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Another disturbing subject title keyed in by NKy.

:P
    ...Just a "Freudian slip", there, sailor... <<he says with a lisp>>...
    Believe it or not, by this point, I was expecting, "fight to bend over in front of Ben" as the title.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Believe it or not, by this point, I was expecting, "fight to bend over in front of Ben" as the title.
    ...Wanna come up to the throbbing... err...thriving metropolis of Florence and join me for the game here in Cincy, big boy!...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ...Wanna come up to the throbbing... err...thriving metropolis of Florence and join me for the game here in Cincy, big boy!...
    Uhhh... you and SMG have fun...

Seriously, I still can't believe I haven't made it up there. I've even got a place to stay (good friend moved up there last year).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I would vote for Colon at LG, allowing Max to start at RT again. Then when Kemo comes back, let him compete with Simmons at RG (where a man of Kemo's girth would be a better fit than at LG), and hopefully he wins this time (Zeirlein said he was close last year).

I think Smith-Colon-Hartwig-Kemoeatu-Starks is your best combination of 5 (I like having 3 nasty guys like that in the interior), while still having some decent experience among your back-up options of Essex-Mahan-Stapleton-Simmons-Hills.
    your right i think thats the best combo they could put together. i would also love to see kemo beat out simmons

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

Mahan played guard on the line that blocked for Cadillac Williams the year he won rookie of the year. Could just be that he is totally out of position at center and he might actually be a decent guard.

wow i didnt realize that. i knew mahan played guard at notre dame, but i didnt know he had a good season in the nfl like that