Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drummond maybe coming to Steelers

Legend

Drummond maybe coming to Steelers

They aren't hesitating looking at all options for the return game and improving Special Teams. I would hope they get a greater sense of urgency finding a punter versus who they got.

Steelers work out return man

New Steelers return man?
    By Jim Wexell
    SteelCityInsider.com
    Posted Jul 31, 2008

The Steelers worked out a return man Thursday morning in anticipating of placing punter Dan Sepulveda on injured reserve.

The Steelers this morning worked out wide receiver Eddie Drummond, whose main job with the club would be as a return man.
    Drummond, 28, was born in Pittsburgh and played collegiately at Penn State. He was drafted in 2002 by the Detroit Lions and spent five seasons with the team. Last year, Drummond played for the Kansas City Chiefs and averaged 21.2 yards per kickoff return and 6.9 yards per punt return.

For his career, Drummond has returned 250 kickoffs for a 23.2 average and two touchdowns, and 140 punts for a 9.1 average and four touchdowns. He's caught four career passes for seven yards.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Re: Drummond maybe coming to Steelers

Bloom would be cut on the same day....

it would also mean 6 WRs kept, IMO.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Legend

I'm not really supportive of someone who does nothing other than return kicks. Too much like Rossum last year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm not really supportive of someone who does nothing other than return kicks UNLESS HIS NAME IS HESTER. Too much like Rossum last year.
    Fixed that for you. :P

I was actually pleased with Rossum... most of the other guys get back there and I thought, "OMG, will he muff it?" or "will he fumble it?"

Never had that worry with Rossum. He was sure handed and made the right decision nearly all the time. If you're unsure about whether to field a punt.... DON'T.

Even his play on the goal line that had many dumbfounded, I thought was BRILLIANT, both at the time (because unlike many, I knew the rule) and even in hindsight.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm not really supportive of someone who does nothing other than return kicks UNLESS HIS NAME IS HESTER OR CRIBBS. Too much like Rossum last year.
    Fixed that for you. :P
    Fixed it for you too

Hall of Famer

Drummond signed...

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Drummond signed...
    Bloom released in... 3...2...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Drummond signed...
    This is good news from a strategic perspective.

The STeelers have never won a Super Bowl without a Penn Stater on their roster.

So .. either Drummond or Paxson has to make the roster for us to win it all this year.

Plain and simple.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

I don't think they'll release Bloom because Sep going on IR opens up a roster spot. They released Marion prior to putting Sep on IR
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.