Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news on Lorello??

Pro Bowler

Any news on Lorello??

Is he in camp with anyone? I Googled him and didn't find anything. And his MySpace page hasn't been updated since January.

Re: Any news on Lorello??

Can he punt?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

he was given boot, some weeks ago

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    he was given boot, some weeks ago
    Yeah, we were just wondering if he had contact with any other teams, since he is not on anyone else's roster right now either. His father, eltrain, hasn't posted on here in a while.

I'm sure that if there were any updates, eltrain would post them here.

Hall of Famer

rpm, I just did a quick search, and everything is still listed as Steelers... Everything. His "My Space" page, home page, and all media listings...

... Hope he gets picked-up somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    rpm, I just did a quick search, and everything is still listed as Steelers... Everything. His "My Space" page, home page, and all media listings...

... Hope he gets picked-up somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Yeah, found the same stuff which is why I originally posted. Just curious because it seems we released him earlier enough so that he could find another team...and then apparently no one is interested. Too bad. I wish it could have worked out for Mike with the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

Yeah, found the same stuff which is why I originally posted. Just curious because it seems we released him earlier enough so that he could find another team...and then apparently no one is interested. Too bad. I wish it could have worked out for Mike with the Steelers.
    me too, i thought he would be a great st player and thats definetly an area that needs improvement

eltrain

Hi Steeler fans...appreciate your inquiry into Mike's status....

Mike has not given up on the possibility of being picked up by another team....but he is smart enough to know his chances dewindle with each passing day so he is currently looking at the options he has for getting on with the next chapter in his life...

number one...he has been in discussions with Mike Barwis, his strnegth and conditioning coach at WVU, who is now at Michigan with Coach Rich Rodreguiz...they are interested in bringing Mike on board as a GA and Mike will then attend grad school at Michigan and get his masters in Business Administration to go along with his BA in Finance from WVU....as a dad, this is my number one priority....

number two....he is also sending his resume out to a number of companies here in Columbus that his mother and I have contact with to see if he can get an entry positon in marketing and right now several of those opportunities are looking pretty good....

and number three....he is generating job opportunity contacts with friends he has all over the place so those may generate into a job for him as well...

but as I said, Mike has not given up totally on getting another chance with a team....he conditions every day and keeps himself in playing shape....and quite frankly I believe he will do the conditioning for the rest of his life regardless of doing it for football...being in shape is now a part of his DNA and he will never give that up...

I am just still very frustrated that someone does not see his potential...but I am a biased father....Mike says it is all about "speed"...he runs a 4.6 and in today's NFL at a safety position if you don't run a 4.5 or better your chances of making a roster deminish greatly...we get into arguments over that because I watched Mike play at a very high level at WVU against Georgia, Va. Tech, Miami, etc. and he dominated the secondary...so my arguement, being an old guy with gray hair, is that "politics" has as much to do with it as the physical ability...if you look at his stats for the two preseasons he played for the Steelers (given the limited playing time) he played his position exceptionally well...yes, he missed a couple of tackles, but what player doesn't, including the "elite"...but if you take overall performace, again my bias shows, Mike played as well or better than a couple of those players who made the roster...sacks, tackles for loss, pass breakups, stripped ball, etc., were all part of his performance for the short amount of playing time he had...

but that is "life" and there is not much anyone can do about it....I suppose if he was as good as I think he is he would be in the NFL right now...and if I knew that much I would be coaching in the NFL....

so with all that said, I want to once again thank all of you for supporting my son...he is a fine young man with a very good head on his shoulders and I know he will do great with the rest of his life.....his family is very proud of Mike and all of his accomplishments...not many get to his level and we have enjoyed every minute of it...best of luck to our Steelers this year...

Pro Bowler

Thanks so much for the reply, El. Just been wondering about Mike because I expected to see his name come up somewhere, with some other team.

Please don't apologize for being a proud, biased dad. Armpit Jr. will be 3 in November and I'm already expecting him to be the Steelers third great qb. (I'm assuming we'll get a few decent guys to bridge the gap between Ben and Matt ) I think I speak for a lot of guys and gals on the board who feel like Mike could have made a big contribution to the Steelers, but like you said - that's life.

Good luck to Mike in whatever he chooses to do. The position at Michigan sounds awesome. Does he have any coaching aspirations?

Anyway, please give Mike our best and take care.