Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The straw that broke the back- Madden 09

Legend

User Info Menu

The straw that broke the back- Madden 09

Chadman is a PC gamer. Not a Playstation or Xbox gamer. Simple reasoning is this- Chadman's 'skills' on the gamepads is simply not good enough for Chadman to enjoy either PS2/3 or XBox.

So, it's PC gaming all the way for Chadman.

So you8 can imagine Chadman's shock & disappointment to learn that Madden 09 will not be released on PC this year. The official reasoning is piracy of PC games. Fair enough in some respects. But still- isn't it better business to find a way to make PC Games harder to pirate than to totally remove the format from production all together?

As a result, Chadman will not be buying Madden 09- the first year Chadman doesn't buy the newest version of Madden in over 12 years.

To completely sink the boot in EA Sports appear to be releasing Head Coach 09 for PS2/3 & XBox only too. So even that product is not being bought by Chadman.

The 'simple' answer of course is for Chadman to spend $800 & buy a PS3 or XBox. But really- can you justify buying a console like that for 1 game??

And because EA has 'the market' for NFL games, Chadman will have no other avenue to explore for NFL games in 09.

It might seem a trivial thing to many of you. But for Chadman, it's a big disappointment.

It's a shame that a huge company like EA Sports has decided it's better business to remove a format all together than it is to find a better solution to game piracy. Honest PC Gamers such as Chadman are left as the victims of this thought process.

Madden 08 will be the last Madden game Chadman buys it seems.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: The straw that broke the back- Madden 09

... Any chance it will be "available" on some sort of "blackmarket" variety?.... You would think there would be a way... Any way... To get it in this form.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know, to be honest. Chadman hasn't ever explored that option & doesn't know how to even begin!

Chadman now wonders if this is the beginning of the death of PC gaming?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Don't know, to be honest. Chadman hasn't ever explored that option & doesn't know how to even begin!

Chadman now wonders if this is the beginning of the death of PC gaming?
    Well, it may be.... Personally, I've only played on wii (never got into vid games too much). ... I would start by just googling the info, maybe ask around within the community of "PC gamers", and possibly some of the guys on here.... I gotta believe that it will be able to be had one way or another... Something that popular will not simply "go away"... I think that if you are persistent enough, you'll find it...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I did a little bit of looking at some "less than reputable" sites, and couldn't find it either... ... But I gotta believe that it won't take long for some computer wiz to hijack the software and make it available. Hell, it just came out, didn't it? So it may not take too long... I know one or two folks that are into PC gaming as well, and when I get back from my next trip next week I'll ask about it when I see them...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chadman get yourself a 360 it doesn't take long to get used the gamepad. I converted over as well and it works out in the long run. Year 13 should begin on a 360 for you brother! If you want to practice I can whoop your ass online anytime you want.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

User Info Menu

I just recently purchased a PS3 and it is fantastic!!!!Chadman,you really aren't missing much with Madden anyhow.Its not like the game is all that innovative anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are they really that much in AUS?

They are around 400 here...and well worth it for one game if you play online.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

Yeah- PS3 sells for around $825.00 at the moment.

Here's a question- is there as much data used on PS & XBox games as there is for PC games?

There are some fairly 'deep' games for PC such as Football Manager that are so in depth & full of stats- Chadman isn't sure if PS & XBox games are as 'in depth' or more about graphics.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

Yeah- PS3 sells for around $825.00 at the moment.

Here's a question- is there as much data used on PS & XBox games as there is for PC games?

There are some fairly 'deep' games for PC such as Football Manager that are so in depth & full of stats- Chadman isn't sure if PS & XBox games are as 'in depth' or more about graphics.
    They are just as in depth I believe. Graphically and content the 360 is 2nd to none. And dont believe the PS3 punk azzes...the 360 flat out spanks it.

800 is alot of money...but for me probably worth it.
    Trolls are people too.