Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Rooney JR says that

Pro Bowler

Art Rooney JR says that

this will be the last Steelers training camp under Rooney ownership. If KDKA puts the interview up on the website, I'll post it.

Re: Art Rooney JR says that

Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    Yes, it was JR, the scout, the one who was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    I wish he would just shut the F up now and show some respect to his other brothers. I don't see the other 4 coming out and making dorky statements everyweek. I wish Art Sr. had give the sole membership to Dan when he was alive and gave the other 4 bros gambling. After all the team belonged to him he could do what he wanted to.

Hall of Famer

this will be the last Steelers training camp under Rooney ownership. If KDKA puts the interview up on the website, I'll post it.
    Please do....

This has been a strongly bantered subject over the last few weeks, but I personally do not embrace this "change" in a very good light. I've been reading Dan Rooneys' book lately, and it has given me a completely renewed appreciation of this families' ownership, and thier accomplishments in the NFL...

LasVegasGuy

I wish he would just shut the F up now and show some respect to his other brothers. I don't see the other 4 coming out and making dorky statements everyweek. I wish Art Sr. had give the sole membership to Dan when he was alive and gave the other 4 bros gambling. After all the team belonged to him he could do what he wanted to.

Why? Was he shown respect when Dan fired him or when he offered him less then market value for his stake in the Steelers?

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Why? Was he shown respect when Dan fired him or when he offered him less then market value for his stake in the Steelers?

True, but this is how I feel now. How I felt when he got canned was another story at another time. Yup I can change my stance, that's what makes me a wacko fan. I really don't want to see the team in any one else's hands that just worries me. Anything against that makes me cringe and make bold comments.

I take back my comments after watching that vid. he looks pretty down about the whole thing. My family has gone through the same thing, granted at a much smaller scale, so I understand completely about taking care of your own.

Hall of Famer

I really don't want to see the team in any one else's hands
    stanz, just wait till you read the book.... This news will make you cry....