Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Art Rooney JR says that

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,442

    Art Rooney JR says that

    this will be the last Steelers training camp under Rooney ownership. If KDKA puts the interview up on the website, I'll post it.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    Yes, it was JR, the scout, the one who was fired.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    Yes, it was JR, the scout, the one who was fired.
    I wish he would just shut the F up now and show some respect to his other brothers. I don't see the other 4 coming out and making dorky statements everyweek. I wish Art Sr. had give the sole membership to Dan when he was alive and gave the other 4 bros gambling. After all the team belonged to him he could do what he wanted to.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    this will be the last Steelers training camp under Rooney ownership. If KDKA puts the interview up on the website, I'll post it.
    Please do....

    This has been a strongly bantered subject over the last few weeks, but I personally do not embrace this "change" in a very good light. I've been reading Dan Rooneys' book lately, and it has given me a completely renewed appreciation of this families' ownership, and thier accomplishments in the NFL...


  6. #6
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    Yes, it was JR, the scout, the one who was fired.
    I wish he would just shut the F up now and show some respect to his other brothers. I don't see the other 4 coming out and making dorky statements everyweek. I wish Art Sr. had give the sole membership to Dan when he was alive and gave the other 4 bros gambling. After all the team belonged to him he could do what he wanted to.

    Why? Was he shown respect when Dan fired him or when he offered him less then market value for his stake in the Steelers?

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that


  8. #8
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Well that sucks...maybe he's not getting enough attention. This was Jr. that said it not Art II right?
    Yes, it was JR, the scout, the one who was fired.
    I wish he would just shut the F up now and show some respect to his other brothers. I don't see the other 4 coming out and making dorky statements everyweek. I wish Art Sr. had give the sole membership to Dan when he was alive and gave the other 4 bros gambling. After all the team belonged to him he could do what he wanted to.

    Why? Was he shown respect when Dan fired him or when he offered him less then market value for his stake in the Steelers?

    True, but this is how I feel now. How I felt when he got canned was another story at another time. Yup I can change my stance, that's what makes me a wacko fan. I really don't want to see the team in any one else's hands that just worries me. Anything against that makes me cringe and make bold comments.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    I take back my comments after watching that vid. he looks pretty down about the whole thing. My family has gone through the same thing, granted at a much smaller scale, so I understand completely about taking care of your own.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Art Rooney JR says that

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I really don't want to see the team in any one else's hands
    stanz, just wait till you read the book.... This news will make you cry....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •