Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Okay, I lied. One last one from all us Pennsylvanians to all you Buckeye fans out there.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This has always been my favorite:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Not defending Snack on this at all but Troy has a point. Hampton's job is to plug up holes and stuff the run, not drop back and cover wide receivers or tight ends. Having lineman do these drills is like asking the db's to bench 315 for 20 reps. What's the point?

But I agree with NKy that late in the game (and later in the season) conditioning will be a factor for everyone. I just hope it doesn't turn out like last year when a tough training camp led to the obvious fatigue the players were showing towards the end of the season.

As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.
    I am not defending him being over weight. I agree with you comments and will add. Considering the way some players are injured or getting injured, maybe it is not such a bad thing that he is not participating in the practices. Not the first time he's stuggled with his weight problem. I think he will be fine to start the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Come on Jom, thats unfair.

The $100 question is always a tough one!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Come on Jom, thats unfair.

The $100 question is always the toughest.