Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Here it is, Frank....... From Dale Lolleys' blog "NFL From The Sidelines"...

According to Jim Wexell of SteelCityInsider.com, Casey Hampton weighed in at an impressive 365 pounds when he showed up at training camp, 25 more than the team wanted him at and 40 more than his listed weight.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    is there any general number of how overweight he is?
    ...I think I read somewhere that he's 40 pounds over where they want him at... I think.

holy crap 40 lbs?!?! how can anyone lose all that in a month and change?
    The Hollywood 48 hour miracle diet, of course! All day, every day for a month. Or else liposuction.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

instead of doing 8 sprints of 100 yds I'd rather see the lineman do 40 reps on the sled and I'd make them push it 20 yds each time. there's enough lineman on the team that it would be tough but not impossible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

is there any general number of how overweight he is?
    ...I think I read somewhere that he's 40 pounds over where they want him at... I think.

holy crap 40 lbs?!?! how can anyone lose all that in a month and change?
    The Hollywood 48 hour miracle diet, of course! All day, every day for a month. Or else liposuction.
    He's 25 pounds over what they want him. and trust me, they'll get it off him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....
    Yeah, I'm kinda like the John Turturro butler character from Mr. Deeds (or the sidler from Seinfeld). Although I don't have an unnatural obsession with feet (or canker sores that would prevent me from being able to use Binaca).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why did Casey Hampton wear a throwback Sam Cassell Rockets jersey to training camp?

He looked more like a different alien, though...unfortunately, I think he ate this one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not defending Snack on this at all but Troy has a point. Hampton's job is to plug up holes and stuff the run, not drop back and cover wide receivers or tight ends. Having lineman do these drills is like asking the db's to bench 315 for 20 reps. What's the point?

But I agree with NKy that late in the game (and later in the season) conditioning will be a factor for everyone. I just hope it doesn't turn out like last year when a tough training camp led to the obvious fatigue the players were showing towards the end of the season.

As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.