Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.
    oh he definetly has a lot of muscle, no way any nt can play at that level and not have a lot of muscle. well that is very reassuring. it sounds like a lot but i guess 25 pounds in a month and a half or so isnt too terrible.

Legend

User Info Menu

On a person that big 25 pounds really isn't as daunting to lose as it sounds to those of us who are "normal" weight.

Legend

User Info Menu

its pathetic a profesional athelete can let himself get out of shape. why cant he wait till he is retired it wont be all that long. is there any general number of how overweight he is? maybe the steelers should hire richard simmons to come and work out with him
    I agree 100%. These guys get paid millions of dollars to do nothing but keep themselves physically fit. It's not like Casey had to go work a regular job in the off season and didn't have the time. Being in peak physical condition IS THEIR JOB!!!!!! It is their only job. I just don't get some of these guys views.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    On a person that big 25 pounds really isn't as daunting to lose as it sounds to those of us who are "normal" weight.
    He probably loses 10 pounds each morning via a constitutional
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.
    oh he definetly has a lot of muscle, no way any nt can play at that level and not have a lot of muscle. well that is very reassuring. it sounds like a lot but i guess 25 pounds in a month and a half or so isnt too terrible.
    Just carrying around 365 lbs every day will build up some muscle beneath the blubber too. Imagine if you are about 180 lbs...you would gain some muscle if you had to carry your 180 lb twin on your back all day every day.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

While they wanted him in at 340, I'm sure they will be okay if he gets close, say 350. 15 pounds is only about 4% of his current weight (365). By comparison, if you are thinking 15 pounds to the average guy - say about 180 pounds, that is more than twice as much - about 8%.

Also remember, this is not the 180 pound office worker dieting by bringing fruit to work while he sits at his computer. This is a professional athlete working out all day at a training facility. He will shed 15 pounds within 1 1/2 weeks easily, and the next ten within another week. He should be back in the starting lineup by the time I watch him play against the Bills at the Rogers Centre on August 14th.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....

You are the FAIL

LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    You are the FAIL
    Hey, don't you have some furniture to burn, or something?......... j/k

BTW, congrats on receiving top-honors in the conference pre-season poll.... Let's see how you do on November 28th...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....

You are the FAIL

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I apologize for my obsession with humorous failure. Carry on with the thread as intended.