Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

    really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.
    oh he definetly has a lot of muscle, no way any nt can play at that level and not have a lot of muscle. well that is very reassuring. it sounds like a lot but i guess 25 pounds in a month and a half or so isnt too terrible.

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    On a person that big 25 pounds really isn't as daunting to lose as it sounds to those of us who are "normal" weight.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    its pathetic a profesional athelete can let himself get out of shape. why cant he wait till he is retired it wont be all that long. is there any general number of how overweight he is? maybe the steelers should hire richard simmons to come and work out with him
    I agree 100%. These guys get paid millions of dollars to do nothing but keep themselves physically fit. It's not like Casey had to go work a regular job in the off season and didn't have the time. Being in peak physical condition IS THEIR JOB!!!!!! It is their only job. I just don't get some of these guys views.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    On a person that big 25 pounds really isn't as daunting to lose as it sounds to those of us who are "normal" weight.
    He probably loses 10 pounds each morning via a constitutional
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  5. #25
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,647

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

    really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.
    oh he definetly has a lot of muscle, no way any nt can play at that level and not have a lot of muscle. well that is very reassuring. it sounds like a lot but i guess 25 pounds in a month and a half or so isnt too terrible.
    Just carrying around 365 lbs every day will build up some muscle beneath the blubber too. Imagine if you are about 180 lbs...you would gain some muscle if you had to carry your 180 lb twin on your back all day every day.

  6. #26

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    As far as Casey losing 25-40 lbs, it won't be a big deal. Speaking from experience, weight loss is all relative. Snack losing 25-40 would be like an average sized guy losing 10-15 lbs. No problem.

    really, you dont think it will be tough for casey to lose that much weight by the time the season starts? i know nothing about dieting or dropping pounds but it seems extremely hard.
    People might call him fat, but Casey is carrying a ton of muscle under all that "insulation". And the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories your body burns off, even when relaxed. Now that he's back on on a conditioning program and (hopefully) eating cleaner, the weight will drop off. And again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He should have been doing this throughout the entire off season.
    oh he definetly has a lot of muscle, no way any nt can play at that level and not have a lot of muscle. well that is very reassuring. it sounds like a lot but i guess 25 pounds in a month and a half or so isnt too terrible.
    While they wanted him in at 340, I'm sure they will be okay if he gets close, say 350. 15 pounds is only about 4% of his current weight (365). By comparison, if you are thinking 15 pounds to the average guy - say about 180 pounds, that is more than twice as much - about 8%.

    Also remember, this is not the 180 pound office worker dieting by bringing fruit to work while he sits at his computer. This is a professional athlete working out all day at a training facility. He will shed 15 pounds within 1 1/2 weeks easily, and the next ten within another week. He should be back in the starting lineup by the time I watch him play against the Bills at the Rogers Centre on August 14th.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....

    You are the FAIL


    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    You are the FAIL
    Hey, don't you have some furniture to burn, or something?......... j/k



    BTW, congrats on receiving top-honors in the conference pre-season poll.... Let's see how you do on November 28th...

  9. #29
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,647

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I read he was 365, which is 40 lbs over his listed weight of 325, and 25 lbs more than where they really wanted him to be (340).
    Damn!.... You snuck that post in there and I didn't see it.... I could have saved myself some looking around for it....

    You are the FAIL








  10. #30
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,647

    Re: Hampton begins process of shedding weight

















    I apologize for my obsession with humorous failure. Carry on with the thread as intended.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •