Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodley a beast in drills

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley a beast in drills

I read on both Dale Lolley's blog the insider report that Woodley was an absolute beast in practice today, and that neither Starks nor Colon could block him. I'd love to see big things from Woodley this year, and that certainly sounds like a great start, but it's also a bit concerning that the RTs were struggling so much. I know, just the first day of camp, shouldn't get too excited about one, or too down about the other, but it's nice to finally have some football news again.

Links below.

[url="http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2008/07/afternoon-delight.html"]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... light.html[/url]

[url="http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/"]http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Woodley a beast in drills

Football news about our team is always good, as you said... And it is somewhat disconcerting that the line couldn't contain him.... As you said, it could be good or bad.... I like the fact that he's getting pressure, but our O-line should be able to contain this.... Damn!, do you praise the D or criticize the O..... Personally, my concern has been our protection, so this does concern me a bit.... How do you "critique" this?

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, Chadman did chat to LaMarr on facebook a couple of days ago. Chadman wished him luck & told him to 'rip it up' in Training Camp...looks like LaMarr listened.

In related news, Chadman will offer pearls of wisdom to anyone on the board for a nominal fee. If you require evidence of Chadman's success, please refer to one L. Woodley, c/o Pittsburgh Steelers.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr was basically unblockable in college. When he got PT in the pros he produced. There is no reason to believe he won't be a 12+ sack guy this season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

You could be right Shawn. Chadman remembers a few of us touting Woodley in the draft lead-up. Heck- Chadman had pegged him as a 1st round pick. So when he landed with the Steelers in the 2nd round- happy days!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    LaMarr was basically unblockable in college. When he got PT in the pros he produced. There is no reason to believe he won't be a 12+ sack guy this season.
    While I agree with your process SMG, I do think that the NFL will propose a more sturdy front than the Big-10 did. .... But I do hope for numbers like this......

BIG FAN

I agree with NKy on this one. Truly a mixed bag of tricks, nothing but praise for the first day about Woodley, but the o-line does give concerns.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the revelation over Woodley isn't unexpected. I mean, the guy is good. Chances are, he may prove to be a much larger handful for opposing teams as he appears to be a handful for his own teammates on the OL.

The play of Max Sucks and Colon is a concern. I'd love Maxie Boy to prove me wrong. But, in order to do that, he needs to be stout against guys like Woodley. His biggest and most consistent challenges may well prove to be against his own teammates on the practice field.

The saying "you play like you practice" makes a lot of sense here. If that's the case, we may be seeing more of the same crap from Max Suckyboy and an All-Pro campaign from Woodley. However, I hope I am wrong on Maxie.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As discussed earlier in the off-season, SMG, you and I discussed the 12+ number and how plausible it is to attain. Woodley under limitied PT last year was able to be more of a disruption to opposing offenses than some of our starters. Inserted into the starting line-up, I will concur that his numbers can in the passrush categories can only exponentially climb.... and with this our total defensive ranking.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he was amazing in college and i dont fault colon or starks much. i doubt there will be a lot of tackles that will be able to contain him in the nfl