Thread: Ike Taylor contract restructured

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike Taylor contract restructured

Sorry if this is a retread of a story, it seems a few days old but worth noting.

This is the kind of cap-shifting I want to see from the Steelers FO, other successful teams do the same. Now if they just quit paying backups $7 million, we will be fine.

Taylor restructures contract
    Pittsburgh cornerback Ike Taylor has agreed to restructure his contract so the team had cap room to sign Rashard Mendenhall, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    Our View: Taylor will still get the $4.1 million due to him this year, but instead of it coming in base salary, $3 million has been transferred to a signing bonus that allows the team to spread it out over three seasons.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ike Taylor contract restructured

Good move and contrary to popular belief Ike is a very good DB.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I think Ike is a good DB. If he catches better, he can possibly make the probowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I think Ike is a good DB. If he catches better, he can possibly make the probowl.
    Agreed.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

And if I ran faster, I could possibly qualify for the Olympics in the 100m dash.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    And if I ran faster, I could possibly qualify for the Olympics in the 100m dash.

I obviously like Ike but that was funny.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike is a solid DB and from all indication a good chracter individual who fits the mold of what we should all want from Steeler players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Ike is a solid DB and from all indication a good chracter individual who fits the mold of what we should all want from Steeler players.
    I like Ike too, but you gotta admit that his butterfinger tendencies when trying to pick the ball off makes Nate's hands look like they are lathered with stick-um by comparison.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I like Ike too, but you gotta admit that his butterfinger tendencies when trying to pick the ball off makes Nate's hands look like they are lathered with stick-um by comparison.

But remember playing football as a kid and in high school - the fast, tall and thin guys that could catch were wide receivers. The fast, tall and thin guys that couldn't catch became defensive backs.