So lets say the Steelers do the right thing and get rid of that outdated song that, honestly, is just a bad song. Really, it's a bad song. I hated it when it was new and I hate it now. Always have and always will.

Anyway, sorry about that rambling, but did I mention that I really hate that song?

Ok, so they're going to kick it to the curb...be done with it...and it's your job to replace it. Bear in mind all the circumstances involved...it's an athletic event and your job is to pick something that pumps up the crowd but at the same time can be considered family friendly since people of all ages will be in attendance, as well as people who are deep in their faith and would find the Steelers using a song containing profanity as offensive. Heck, some people who aren't religious might not like that. You get the point...the song has to do what it's intended to do and not offend. So what do you choose?

I believe my choice would be right for many, many reasons. The lyrics are appropriate for athletic competition yet they shouldn't offend and the music certainly should get the energy flowing...especially the transition that takes place at the 57 second mark. The beginning starts off uptempo with the drums, then the guitar comes in, then it goes into a slow building, almost anthemic battle mode, picks up tempo again, then comes that sweet ass transition (that gives me goosebumps because it's soooo effing good) and then it goes into the song. Outstanding!!!

I give you Rush - One Little Victory

[youtube:297td9xd]-c8AP9xZPaQ&hl[/youtube:297td9xd]

A certain measure of innocence
Willing to appear naive
A certain degree of imagination
A measure of make-believe

A certain degree of surrender
To the forces of light and heat
A shot of satisfaction
In a willingness to risk defeat

Celebrate the moment
As it turns into one more