Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

  1. #1

    Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    “The initial plan is he’s going to be a supplemental runner, returning kicks,” Tomlin said. “The growth of his role will depend on his ability to execute the assignments.”

    LINK


    I am taking "execute the assignments" as meaning blocking and route runner, he is no longer in the spread offense he ran at Illinois.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    I thought Santonio Holmes has been voicing to the coaching staff and the media that he wanted to return kicks again.

    Is it set that Mendenhall will be returning kicks instead of Holmes or is Mendenhall just one of the candidates going in to training camp and Holmes still has a shot?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Is it set that Mendenhall will be returning kicks instead of Holmes or is Mendenhall just one of the candidates going in to training camp and Holmes still has a shot?
    ...Camp hasn't even started, so I'd guess nothing is "set" yet...

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Lots of folks seem to want to return kicks except Nate Washington and his "freakish" athletic ability
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Lots of folks seem to want to return kicks except Nate Washington and his "freakish" athletic ability
    Hey man... Don't "hate the Nate"... He's gotta protect those valuable hands.....

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Lots of folks seem to want to return kicks except Nate Washington and his "freakish" athletic ability
    Hey man... Don't "hate the Nate"... He's gotta protect those valuable hands.....
    You're right. My bad. Besides Nate couldn't break a tackle if they let him run with a machete. Breaking tackles and being hard to bring down is kinda essential for the return game.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Lots of folks seem to want to return kicks except Nate Washington and his "freakish" athletic ability
    Hey man... Don't "hate the Nate"... He's gotta protect those valuable hands.....
    You're right. My bad. Besides Nate couldn't break a tackle if they let him run with a machete. Breaking tackles and being hard to bring down is kinda essential for the return game.
    they are esential but of course you have to catch the ball first
    i actually like nate as a #4 wr. no way holmes will return punts or kicks, its not worth him risking injury. moore is a good return man, it should be his job to lose

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Lots of folks seem to want to return kicks except Nate Washington and his "freakish" athletic ability
    Hey man... Don't "hate the Nate"... He's gotta protect those valuable hands.....
    You're right. My bad. Besides Nate couldn't break a tackle if they let him run with a machete. Breaking tackles and being hard to bring down is kinda essential for the return game.
    they are esential but of course you have to catch the ball first
    i actually like nate as a #4 wr. no way holmes will return punts or kicks, its not worth him risking injury. moore is a good return man, it should be his job to lose
    100% about the returner part of your statement. I'd rather have some one elese step up for better value, e.g. can play ST, for our #4, but that probably won't happen.

    No way would I have Holmes returning kicks no matter what he wants. He already has proven a propensity to get dinged. Let Moore, Reid and Bloom sort it out in the pre season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    ... Let Moore, Reid and Bloom sort it out in the pre season.
    Well, in this case, I hope it's Moore as the "last man standing".... I don't think Bloom will make the team, and I gave up and labeled Reid with the "B word" after last season...

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Mendenhall to return kicks...at least initially

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    ... Let Moore, Reid and Bloom sort it out in the pre season.
    Well, in this case, I hope it's Moore as the "last man standing".... I don't think Bloom will make the team, and I gave up and labeled Reid with the "B word" after last season...
    I'm part of the .001% of Steelers fans who think Reid will surprise this season. The main reason is he can get aditional yards after the catch. Maybe I'm wrong, but if we release reid just feel we'll be reading about him doing good things for another team.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •