Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Willie PArker

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Willie PArker

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Your ramblings make zero sense.
    Even though I disagree with MSM on this subject I respect him. He works to back up the things he says and brings a lot to the table. His posts make you think about what he is saying.

You ... I've seen nothing.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=ikestops85][quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":2j5u54pu
    2007 Parker scored on only 4% of his redzone rushes (45) and only picked up a 1st down 11% of the time in the redzone.

2006 PArker scored on 20% of his redzone carries (56) and picked up a 1st down 29% of the time.

They had to get the guy out of there. Redzone last year.

DAVENPORT

scored on 23% of his redzone carries and picked up a first down 42% of the time behind the same line of scrimmage.

Parker just wasn't good enough last year in the redzone.
    So what was the difference in our running game between 2006 and 2007? The running back (FWP) was the same. Seems to me you have to look at the Offensive Coordinator and the fullback and the O-line. Those are the things that changed. Willie was still the same running back he was in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":2j5u54pu
    Like I said, the stats speak for themselves. Parker is average to below average back just about anyway you slice it.
    That's probably the most idiotic statement I've seen on a message board and that's saying a lot since I post quite a bit on a bengal's smack board. I guess what you are trying to say is the Steelers have had an average to below average running game the last 3 years since Willie has been the starter. If that's the case then the FO really screwed up because they should have taken at least 2 more running backs in the draft. Moore will start camp as the #1 back because at worst he is average. Davis and Russell shouldn't even bother to show up since they are so far down on the depth chart of a below average or at best average rushing team. Why didn't they sign Kevin Jones ... he certainly is average.

I wonder why San Diego didn't keep Michael Turner and let LT go? After all LT rushing ypc is a full yard BELOW Turner's?
    Turner doesn't have enough carries to enter the discussion. He has an impressive YPC
    average, but 18% of his total yardage came on (3) 70 yard runs. Take those three away, and his YPC average drops a full point.

Parker needs more long runs to justify the Stuffs. Were not going to have an offensive line like we had in 2005. You had two probowlers and possibly a third mention with smith on the left side. And its my belief that a better running back will help reduce th third and longs. I say reduce, not eliminate. Were talking percentages over the year. It is common knowledge that Parker possesses great straight line speed. But you should also acknowledge that Parker doesn't have the rare vision nor the physicality tha other backs have. He is ia special, straight line runner. That' s it. ANd he isn't going to get those kind of holes behind this line with that schedule. So go ahead and call me an idiot , like that matters. If it makes you feel good , knock yourself out.[/quote:2j5u54pu]

Sorry MSM if you thought I called you an idiot. I'm not into the name calling so I apologize if you took it that way. What I did say was that one statement you made was idiotic ... big difference. Don't tell anyone but I've been known to make idiotic statements myself.

I have agreed all along that Willie isn't a power back. I also agree his vision is probably average. His speed is excellent. His burst is excellent and something you never seem to mention is his ability to change speeds. That is also excellent and the main thing that separates him from other speed backs.
    [/quote:2j5u54pu]

No problem. The board will be a lot of fun this fall. Especially after the games begin!
    YOu have to know that I feel the offensive line is the biggest problem we have. I know we talk alot about parker. But I hate mahan. I hate our off line period. If we had a great offensive line,. their might not be a better back to have but parker. But we don't. So I hope we can figure out a way to use Parker less, but more effectively in the coming season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    smg you lied
    you said you had said all you were going to say.
    then you posted again
    I said all I was going to say on THIS subject.

I never said anything about ike's incoherent ramblings.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Your ramblings make zero sense.
    Even though I disagree with MSM on this subject I respect him. He works to back up the things he says and brings a lot to the table. His posts make you think about what he is saying.

You ... I've seen nothing.
    Awww...don't get pissy. I was just yankin your chain.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1ypb9xbt
    Dude, your Parker/Davenport comparisons don't work unless down and distance on their carries, among other things, are the same.

But nice try.

% Touchdowns, Running in Goal to Go situations.

1 Kenny Watson CIN 16 38.9 7 18
    2 Najeh Davenport PIT 15 36.4 4 11
    3 Chris Brown TEN 12 35.7 5 14
    4 Joseph Addai IND 15 31 9 29
    5 Ronnie Brown MIA 7 30.8 4 13
    T-6 Heath Evans NE 16 30 3 10
    T-6 Sammy Morris NE 6 30 3 10
    T-8 Travis Henry DEN 12 28.6 4 14
    T-8 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 16 28.6 8 28
    T-10 Jamal Lewis CLE 15 25.9 7 27
    T-10 LenDale White TEN 16 25.9 7 27
    T-12 Ron Dayne HOU 13 25 4 16
    T-12 Laurence Maroney NE 13 25 5 20
    14 Justin Fargas OAK 14 21.4 3 14
    15 Marshawn Lynch BUF 13 21.1 4 19
    16 Greg Jones JAC 16 20 2 10
    17 Rudi Johnson CIN 11 18.8 3 16
    18 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC 15 18.5 5 27
    19 Willis McGahee BAL 15 16.7 4 24
    20 Willie Parker PIT 15 6.3 1 16

Like I said, the stats speak for themselves. Parker is average to below average back just about anyway you slice it.[/quote:1ypb9xbt]

How Kenny Watson did so well behind that "pass blocking" offensive line, I will never know...

/sarcasm

Legend

User Info Menu

It's an emotional game for the fans SMG. Big, emotional plays either keeps the home fans crowing or eating crow. I'll restate what I said to be more logical, Willie is a good back for the KIND of back that he is. Of course our line play needs to improve without a doubt, and Willie needs a power runner to compliment him (i.e. Bettis, when Willie was more effective in the red zone, because let's face it Jerome could soften up a defense like noone I can think of). This season will be very telling indeed, I agree. I just can't wait to get it on!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    It's an emotional game for the fans SMG. Big, emotional plays either keeps the home fans crowing or eating crow. I'll restate what I said to be more logical, Willie is a good back for the KIND of back that he is. Of course our line play needs to improve without a doubt, and Willie needs a power runner to compliment him (i.e. Bettis, when Willie was more effective in the red zone, because let's face it Jerome could soften up a defense like noone I can think of). This season will be very telling indeed, I agree. I just can't wait to get it on!
    Fair enough...that I can buy.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Jom112]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3o7n24uk
    Dude, your Parker/Davenport comparisons don't work unless down and distance on their carries, among other things, are the same.

But nice try.

% Touchdowns, Running in Goal to Go situations.

1 Kenny Watson CIN 16 38.9 7 18
    2 Najeh Davenport PIT 15 36.4 4 11
    3 Chris Brown TEN 12 35.7 5 14
    4 Joseph Addai IND 15 31 9 29
    5 Ronnie Brown MIA 7 30.8 4 13
    T-6 Heath Evans NE 16 30 3 10
    T-6 Sammy Morris NE 6 30 3 10
    T-8 Travis Henry DEN 12 28.6 4 14
    T-8 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 16 28.6 8 28
    T-10 Jamal Lewis CLE 15 25.9 7 27
    T-10 LenDale White TEN 16 25.9 7 27
    T-12 Ron Dayne HOU 13 25 4 16
    T-12 Laurence Maroney NE 13 25 5 20
    14 Justin Fargas OAK 14 21.4 3 14
    15 Marshawn Lynch BUF 13 21.1 4 19
    16 Greg Jones JAC 16 20 2 10
    17 Rudi Johnson CIN 11 18.8 3 16
    18 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC 15 18.5 5 27
    19 Willis McGahee BAL 15 16.7 4 24
    20 Willie Parker PIT 15 6.3 1 16

Like I said, the stats speak for themselves. Parker is average to below average back just about anyway you slice it.
    How Kenny Watson did so well behind that "pass blocking" offensive line, I will never know...

/sarcasm[/quote:3o7n24uk]

The more stats I look at, the more I run into Kenny watson.

You might have a decent back on your hands, although I hear Marvin is going to make the mistake of going back to rudi this year.