Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie PArker

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Willie PArker

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    i'm sorry that you never learned how to read MSM.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8007fa66"]http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8007fa66[/url]

STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO GO TO 46 SECONDS ON THE TIMER AND PROVE TO ME THAT THAT TEAMS JUST STACKED THE BOX AND LET BEN TRY TO BEAT THEM
    you're gonna use 1 clip to try to prove a point?
    bwah hahahaha
    ITS MORE THAN YOU GOT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

god you're dense.
    I said WHO was the starting rb in 2004
    you replied before or after staley got hurt.
    SINCE STALEY STARTED FROM GAME 1 THERE WAS NO ONE BEFORE STALEY GOT HURT IN 2004! Staley started 10 games in 2004. the first 7 the jax and jets game then the final. i stand corrected on that point. but that's it. once.

2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 10 10 192 830 4.3 38

"In 2004, Staley became the number one running back for his new team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, he scored few touchdowns as handoffs in the redzone went to veteran back Jerome Bettis. After Staley was injured in mid-2004, Bettis took over the starting job."

Backup

User Info Menu

Might be a good time to refresh memory.

STEELERS LOSE TO RAVENS

BALTIMORE (AP)—The Baltimore Ravens rebounded from a stinging defeat by running over the hated Pittsburgh SteelersJamal Lewis rushed for 62 yards and two touchdowns and Chester Taylor added a career-high 76 yards on the ground to lead Baltimore to a 30-13 victory Sunday. “They’re probably our biggest and only rival at this point. Always have been,” cornerback Chris McAlister said. “It’s good to walk away with a victory

Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox went 4-for-13 for 67 yards before being forced out in the third quarter with an elbow injury. He was replaced by first-round draft pick Ben Roethlisberger, who threw fourth-quarter touchdown passes to Antwaan Randle El and Hines Ward.

Roethlisberger went 12-for-20 for 176 yards. His favorite target was Ward, who finished with six catches for 151 yards. He averaged 8.8 Yards per attempt compared to Maddox who was averaging only 5 yards per attempt thru two games. I’m not Tommy Maddox. Can’t be Tommy Maddox,” Roethlisberger said. “I’m just going to do the best that I can.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RUN CAN TAKE PRESSURE OFF YOUNG QB
    Date: September 23, 2004 Publication: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PA) Page Number: C-1 Word Count: 794

The most precious gift his offensive teammates can give rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday at Pro Player Stadium in Miami is a good running game. Through the first two weeks, that has been out of their reach.
    Maybe it's the defenses they played. Maybe after two games it's too early to judge, but the Steelers' ground game hasn't been much better than its all-time worst performance last season. Last year they ranked a franchise-low 3.4 yards per carry.

STEELERS BEAT BENGALS

Roethlisberger, showing uncommon poise for a rookie who wasn’t expected to play this season, twice rallied the Steelers (3-1) over the Cincinnati Bengals (1-3).Roethlisberger, replacing the injured Tommy Maddox, is the first Steelers rookie quarterback to win his first two starts since Mike Kruczek won nine in a row in place of the injured Terry Bradshaw in 1976. The difference is that Roethlisberger isn’t being supported by arguably the best defense in NFL history.You can just see him coming into his own,” wide receiver Plaxico Burress said. “He doesn’t let anything bother him, and that’s what I like about him.”

“I have not mastered this offense by any means,” Roethlisberger said. “But the thing is we got the victory. You lead the team when they need it the most, you go down the field and score.”Already, some Bengals fans are questioning the decision to bench Jon Kitna, who threw 26 touchdown passes last season as the NFL Comeback Player of the Year, and play Palmer.“I’m not concerned with what people say,” Palmer said. “I’m only worried about what the coaches and players think. I’m going about my business, trying to get better from week to week.”The Steelers, winning consecutive games for the first time since capturing their final three to close the 2002 regular season, quickly answered. Roethlisberger’s 30-yard completion to Burress set up Bettis’ 2-yard touchdown run, and Roethlisberger later found erron Haynes on an 11-yard pass play for Haynes’ first career touchdown.
    --------------------------------------------

steelers 34 - browns 23

Roethlisberger, becoming more comfortable and more productive with each start, confused Cleveland with his running and creativity and the Steelers won their third in a row behind the rookie quarterback, beating the Browns 34-23 Sunday.The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Roethlisberger was 16-for-21 for 231 yards, a touchdown pass and a TD run. And to think he might not be playing if starter Tommy Maddox hadn’t hurt his right elbow Sept. 19 against Baltimore.Every week is getting better,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s all just starting to come together.”He made a couple of plays that, yeah, you definitely look at and say, `Boy, this guy can play,”’ Steelers center Jeff Hartings said. “The way he throws on the run, being able to stop and sling it 40-50 yards, that’s just natural ability. I think Pittsburgh’s going to be happy to have him The threat Roethlisberger created by his running also led to his 37 -yard scoring pass to Burress that made it 24-10 midway through the third. Roethlisberger rolled out of the pocket, momentarily freezing the defense and allowing Burress to slip 5 yards behind cornerback Anthony Henry for an unguarded touchdown. Burress made six catches for 136 yards.
    A lot of those plays aren’t called, but the linemen are doing a great job of blocking and the wide receivers are getting open,” Roethlisberger said. “For me it’s easy, all I’ve got to do is run and throw the football.”

While Roethlisberger stayed poised, Browns free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia still looked uncomfortable out of the 49ers’ West Coast offense despite dodging a heavy pass rush to throw for 210 yards. coach Butch Davis, 1-7 against the Steelers, made no move to replace him with Kelly Holcomb, who passed for 663 yards in his two career starts against Pittsburgh

-----------------------------------------------------
    steelers 24- dallas 21

IRVING, Texas (AP)—The Dallas Cowboys spent a week comparing Steelers rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to a young Dan marino.How about some Terry Bradshaw to go with it?Roethlisberger completed 21 of 25 passes and two touchdowns, completing nine straight throws on the Steelers’ last two scoring drives Sunday and 11 in one stretch, leading Pittsburgh to a 24-20 comeback win over the Cowboys. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells had warned his team about how good Roethlisberger could be. It was Parcells who compared him to Marino.“He can flat-out play,” said Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress. “I think Parcells was right.”Roethlisberger is the first rookie quarterback to go 4-0 since Phil Simms on the 1979 New York Giants. He also became the first

Pittsburgh quarterback to win in Dallas since Bradshaw in 1982.He’s got great poise,” Parcells said. “I think he’s going to be outstanding. I haven’t changed my mind about thatThe Steelers have won four in a row. And it will be Roethlisberger, the cool rookie who stood in the pocket and made some tough throws
    against a rugged pass rush
    , who will be credited with guiding them to this one.Roethlisberger was sharp at the outset. After Richie Anderson capped the Cowboys’ first drive with a 21-yard TD run, the Steelers marched downfield to tie it on Roethlisberger’s 5-yard pass to Burress.In that one play, Roethlisberger showed more mobility than Marino ever did, scrambling out of the pocket to his right and slinging the

ball to Burress an instant before Marcellus Wiley tackled him from behind.The play excited the many Steelers fans sprinkled throughout Texas Stadium who waved their signature “Terrible Towels” with every first down.“For a minute there I thought we were in Pittsburgh,” said Cowboys linebacker Dexter Coakley. “It felt like it was a home game for them.”

The Cowboys led 13-10 in the third period when Testaverde connected with Keyshawn Johnson on a 22-yard TD. But the Steelers made it 20-17 on Roethlisberger’s TD pass to Jerame Tuman when he stood flat-footed in the pocket and rifled the ball to the back of the end zone.“There was no panic,” said Hines Ward, who led the Steelers with nine catches. “He showed a lot of poise and relied on the veteran
    guys around him.”---------------------------------------------------------

steelers 34 patriots 20

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The New England Patriots are no longer perfect, all because of a rookie quarterback who still is.Ben Roethlisberger, who doesn’t know what it’s like to lose an NFL
    game, drove the Steelers to four scores following uncharacteristic New England turnovers and Pittsburgh ended the Patriots’ two long winning streaks with a remarkably easy 34-20 victory Sunday.
    The Patriots (6-1) had won 21 straight counting the playoffs and a league-record 18 in a row in the regular season, but were all but out of this one after Roethlisberger threw two touchdown passes to
    Plaxico Burress during a 21-point Steelers first quarter.This was supposed to be the game that exposed Roethlisberger as a rookie— taking on New England’s defensive mastermind, coach Bill
    Belichick, and the Patriots’ unpredictable defenses. Instead, Roethlisberger ran his own winning streak to 18—his last 13 games at Miami of Ohio and his first five in the NFL.Only former Steelers quarterback Mike Kruczek’s 6-0 start while subbing for the injured Terry Bradshaw in 1976 is longer than
    Roethlisberger’s since the 1970 NFL merger. But Kruczek never threw a TD pass in 10 games this season.
    Roethlisberger already has nine scoring passes in what is fast becoming the best season by an NFL rookie QB since Dan Marino threw 20 touchdown passes and only six interceptions in 11 games for the 1983 Dolphins.You can’t describe his effort,” wide receiver Hines Ward said. “He’s 5-0, and he’s earning a lot of respect on this team

steelers 27 eagles 3

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The Pittsburgh Steelers made certain there’s nobody unbeaten now in the NFL, except for Ben Roethlisberger.The Steelers combined their still-flawless new quarterback with a touch of the old—a Jerome Bettis of yesteryear and a defense that was Steel Curtain-tough—to dominate the Philadelphia Eagles 27-3 Sunday and leave the NFL without an undefeated team Nobody ever thought we’d do this,” said Hines Ward, who scored the first two touchdowns. “We’re giving defensive coordinators heck trying to figure out what we’re going to do, with weapons all over the field and a quarterback who just keeps getting better.”How much better can Big Ben get than this? Roethlisberger is 6-0 as a starter—the first rookie since the 1970 merger to do that since Pittsburgh’s Mike Kruczek filled in for an injured Terry Bradshaw in 1976.Here’s the difference: Kruczek didn’t throw a TD pass all season on a team that won behind the Steel Curtain; Roethlisberger (11 of 18, 183 yards, two touchdowns) has thrown for 11 touchdowns while playing with the polish and growing confidence of a much more experienced player.“He’s remarkable,” Eagles linebacker Mark Simoneau said. “Look at him on the field and he doesn’t look like a rookie, he looks like a guy who’s been around four or five years. Give the guy credit, he made plays all day long.”

Backup

User Info Menu

You can choose to believe that it was Duce, bettis or even parker as the teams most valuable player. But make no mistake, from the outset your on the wrong side of this one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can choose to believe that it was Duce, bettis or even parker as the teams most valuable player. But make no mistake, from the outset your on the wrong side of this one.
    if you say so.

Backup

User Info Menu

if you say so.

No, if you would watch the games and understand what your watching, iIwouldn't have
    to post Associated Press recaps of the games. If you would turn off ESPN and quit talking to your fantasy football friends, and get a clue to what has taken place with the Steelers over the past 4 years, we could stop wasting our time and move on to this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, if you would watch the games and understand what your watching, iIwouldn't have
    to post Associated Press recaps of the games. If you would turn off ESPN and quit talking to your fantasy football friends, and get a clue to what has taken place with the Steelers over the past 4 years, we could stop wasting our time and move on to this year.

I'm not sure how Big Ben got into this thread ... he's a great QB and nobody here is disputing that. Willie is also a great running back. He averages over 1300 rushing yards in a season and when given a chance he scored 16 TDs in a year. Yes, 16 ... when was the last time the steelers had someone score 16 TDs in a season? Why hasn't he done it in other seasons? Well, in 2005 Bettis took all the goal line carries and in 2007 the O-line was pitiful.

Nobody here is saying he is the perfect back but Jeez, the vast majority of teams in the NFL would bend over and grab their ankles to have FWP as their running back. If Mendy replaces Willie as the #1 back then fantastic. If he doesn't, well, that works too. The steelers have much bigger holes to worry about than running back.

Why don't you just admit that Willie is a great back but you don't think he has the best style for the running game the steelers have employed.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

So running alot...getting alot of carries is now the criteria for determining
    a RBs greatness. I'm glad I could be educated today.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    So running alot...getting alot of carries is now the criteria for determining
    a RBs greatness. I'm glad I could be educated today.
    well in theory if a rb is getting a lot of carries that would mean he is pretty good and doing something right unless its on a terrible team

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

Willie is also a great running back. He averages over 1300 rushing yards in a season and when given a chance he scored 16 TDs in a year. .
    WHEN HE WAS GIVEN A CHANCE? WASN'T HE GIVEN A CHANCE LAST YEAR?

HE HAD MORE CARRIES PER GAME THEN ANY BACK IN PROFOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a take it to the house running back and his longest run wasn't as long as the QB's longest run. Despite all of the carries!