Thread: CP hates tOSU

Legend

User Info Menu

CP hates tOSU

[url="http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080721/SPORTS06/80721057&imw=Y"]http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 1057&imw=Y[/url]

Bengals quarterback was recently interviewed on LA-based sports radio station (KLAC) and talked about living in Ohio and the upcoming USC-Ohio State college football matchup. Here are some highlights from the interview:

Interviewer: Just being in Ohio you gotta watch what you say with the old Ohio State-USC battle coming up, or do you just not give a (darn) and your going to say what you feel like saying?

Palmer: I don’t watch what I say. I cannot stand the Buckeyes and having to live in Ohio and hear those people talk about their team, it drives me absolutely nuts. We got Keith Rivers out there and we got Frostee Rucker, we finally got a couple other ‘SC guys. It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I got to put up with being back there. I just can’t wait for two years from now when ‘SC comes to the ‘Shoe and I get to, hopefully have a home game that weekend and I can go out there and watch us pound on them on their own turf and kind of put all the talk to rest, because I’m really getting sick of it. I just can’t wait for this game to get here so they can come to the Coliseum and experience L.A. and get an old fashioned, Pac 10 butt-whooping and go back to the Big Ten.

Interviewer: So you’re a little excited about it?

Palmer: I can’t wait.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: CP hates tOSU

Oh yeah, he has since apologized but we all know that's PC BS.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was about to post this...just one more reason to hate Palmer. You applauded Palmer?

Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I was about to post this...just one more reason to hate Palmer. You applauded Palmer?

I'm a USC fan brother! And I know how Palmer feels. I live someplace where I don't give an ess about any of the local teams but have to hear about them all the time. It sucks!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

FWIW (which isn't much), I loved the fact that Carson came out and said this... It is his alma mater... Does Chris Perry hate Michigan now that he lives in Ohio?.... Anyway, I also detest almost all Buckeye fans, Tressel, and the program... They are pompus, full of false pride to being #2, and fail to live-up to signed contracts for games against up-and-coming programs.... I will say that I respect quite a few OSU fans that post on this board, but that is the exception, not the rule...

Carson was just speaking his mind, and I appreciate that in todays' world of fake, generic interviews... But we must also realize that this was taken just a bit out of context. He was speaking to an audience of listeners on a Southern California radio show, NOT the listeners on the Tressel weekly call-in program... BUT: Then he had to go and backpeddle his comments (I foud that discouraging) saying things like; "It's a great program" and; "I respect them (OSU fans), they know it's all good". .... But the absolute kicker, and I mean KICKER was when he said; "...It's a great rivalry". ...... WTF??????

Rivalry? It's no freakin' "rivalry"!!! ...

When was the last time OSU played USC? ... A rivalry comes from repeated exposure and frequent match-ups!.... "Rivalry" my azc!!!....

...Carson had my respect for making the comment to begin with, then lost it by his whimpy recantation after it was blown out of proportion...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nky i hear ya, i hate all the political correctness bull****.
    and that has nothing to do with the fact that i hate sOSU.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    ...and that has nothing to do with the fact that i hate sOSU.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Laugh now phuckers!!!! 3rd time is a charm!!

Seriously though, on the topic, Palmer is a P.O.S., not for criticizing Buckeye fans and program, thats fine. But him tucking his tail between his legs and being a puss about the comments makes him a P.O.S. in my book. If you can't live up to your comments, then don't make them, I don't care if they were his true feelings or not.

As for the Buckeyes, it will be a great game vs. USC...the "rivalry" will be in full effect that day...ha.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285