Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Parker Critics

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Parker Critics

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Then I must be stupid because I believe by the start of next season Mendy will
    be the clear cut starter. I just don't see the Steelers being all that patient with
    Parker as he decides to run up the backsides of his linemen, and get 1-2 yards a pop
    between the tackles. If Mendy proves he can get 3-4 tough yards...when teams are gearing up for him....hand off after hand off...Parker won't be the starter for long.
    i guess so
    just kidding, well maybe next season, maybe. mendy will have to have an absolute amazing rookie year for that to happen and fwp will have to absolutely suck. the thing is parker will benefit from this arrangement a ton, just watch. he will be fresher and its much harder for a defense to game plan against parker and mendy opposed to just parker
    You will not hear me disagree there at all. I think Mendy just helped Parker out tremendously. Keeping Parker fresh and fast all game would be sick. Can you imagine Mendy beating up on a D all game and the speedy Parker coming in? I love the thought of Parker running all over a tired D. I just do not like the thought of Parker pounding it out, run after run.
    exactly!! and that is why parker wont be traded. parker will be better with mendy and vice versa. i would hate to see parker getting stuffed play after play but that wont happen. if parker is ineffective in a game then mendy will get the bulk of the carries and vice versa

Legend

User Info Menu

Then I must be stupid because I believe by the start of next season Mendy will
    be the clear cut starter. I just don't see the Steelers being all that patient with
    Parker as he decides to run up the backsides of his linemen, and get 1-2 yards a pop
    between the tackles. If Mendy proves he can get 3-4 tough yards...when teams are gearing up for him....hand off after hand off...Parker won't be the starter for long.
    i guess so
    just kidding, well maybe next season, maybe. mendy will have to have an absolute amazing rookie year for that to happen and fwp will have to absolutely suck. the thing is parker will benefit from this arrangement a ton, just watch. he will be fresher and its much harder for a defense to game plan against parker and mendy opposed to just parker
    You will not hear me disagree there at all. I think Mendy just helped Parker out tremendously. Keeping Parker fresh and fast all game would be sick. Can you imagine Mendy beating up on a D all game and the speedy Parker coming in? I love the thought of Parker running all over a tired D. I just do not like the thought of Parker pounding it out, run after run.
    exactly!! and that is why parker wont be traded. parker will be better with mendy and vice versa. i would hate to see parker getting stuffed play after play but that wont happen. if parker is ineffective in a game then mendy will get the bulk of the carries and vice versa
    I think the trade scenerio mostly depends on Russell. If Russell proves his worth as a #2 guy...it might become tough to keep 3 good backs. If Russell and Mendy proved to be very good backs...would you trade Parker for a good young Center? I know I would.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

In 2007, the avg RB ran for 4.3 yards per carry. Parker was a below average back at 4.1.
    But if you run him 320 times, he would be expected to pick up 1300 yards. A below average back would be expected to pick up 1300 yards. Just simply do that math, its not hard to figure out.

Was the offensive line below average? Sure. I buy that. But unlike the QB who rose to the occasion with the 2nd best Passer rating, 4th best YPA, 2nd most TD throws, Parker remained below average at 4.1, with fewer long runs, more stuffs, few catches, and barely 2 scores.

In 2006, the average RB in the NFL gained 4.4 yards per carry. Parker also gained 4.4 yards per carry. His increase in YPC certainly had something to do with Hartings.
    But even with hartings, Faneca (year younger), healthy Smith, Parker was just average at 4.4.

What does this all tell you? It tells you that Parker is an average back. He's not disgusting. He's just average. And he might be below average at this point. Especially considering he broke his leg. The Steelers can do better at that postion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

so by your reasoning, Parker is a BETTER back then LJ? since LJ set the career record for caries on his way to a 1700 yd season (having more then 400 carries) wouldn't that mean that parker is a better back?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the trade scenerio mostly depends on Russell. If Russell proves his worth as a #2 guy...it might become tough to keep 3 good backs. If Russell and Mendy proved to be very good backs...would you trade Parker for a good young Center? I know I would.

without a doubt i would trade parker IF russell proves to be a solid #2 rb, but thats a big IF. i didnt see much from him last year but i what i saw didnt exactly blow me away

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lotta wishing on this board.
    here click your heels together and say after me:
    I wish russell would beome a good #2
    I wish russell would become a good #2
    I wish Mendy and russell will allow us to trade parker
    I wish Mendy and Russell will allow us to trade parker.

there that should do it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    so by your reasoning, Parker is a BETTER back then LJ? since LJ set the career record for caries on his way to a 1700 yd season (having more then 400 carries) wouldn't that mean that parker is a better back?
    Total rushing Yards means nothing to me unless they are a product of very efficientwork. How many times are you going to keep bringing it up?

in 2005, LJ had 1750 Yards on 338 carries.

In 2006 LJ had 1789 Yards on 416 attempts.

His best season was 2005. but you would just look at his over all rushing yards and deem 2006 to be the better season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

see there you go not reading again.
    did i say that one season was better than another?
    didn't think so.
    maybe, JUST MAYBE if you learned how to read, you'd learn something.
    quick who was the starter at RB for most of 2004?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Total rushing Yards means nothing to me unless they are a product of very efficientwork. How many times are you going to keep bringing it up?

His best season was 2005. but you would just look at his over all rushing yards and deem 2006 to be the better season.
    total yards is pretty important if we are talking a big difference. that example is a tiny difference in total yards and a pretty big difference in number of carries

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies

total yards is pretty important if we are talking a big difference. that example is a tiny difference in total yards and a pretty big difference in number of carries
    What total yards mean to me is that someone had alot of carries/and or had a terrific average. The only thing alot of carries tells me is that the team was committed to running and the running back was fairly durable. YPC is certainly more relevant though that number can also be suspect under certain circumstances...ie few runs from a passing offense. Anyone watching with two eyes on the screen knows Parker is not a powerhouse between the tackles. Thats where you earn your tough yards.
    Trolls are people too.