Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Parker Critics

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Parker Critics

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    If the Steeler drafted Mendy merely for depth...in the first round...that will go down as one of the greatest flub ups in team history. They drafted Mendy because they couldn't pass on a guy that could be "the man". They drafted him...despite having a pretty good back...but why? Because Mendy has the complete package...he is a complete back. Parker is a good back...he is not a great back...I know it...and the Steelers know it.
    Most teams aren't content with just one pretty good back. Most teams would prefer to have at least 2 pretty good backs, or complimentary backs. If you draft the BPA at a position you need depth at, then it's not a bad thing if the guy is a "complete back" or he could be "the man". It's just icing on a cake that was bought for a different reason then you're giving.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Most teams aren't content with just one pretty good back. Most teams would prefer to have at least 2 pretty good backs, or complimentary backs.
    I don't think it's a matter of "contentment" as much as it is a necessity....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Most teams aren't content with just one pretty good back. Most teams would prefer to have at least 2 pretty good backs, or complimentary backs.

And that, my good sir, was my point.

P.S. Where'd ya get pics of my girlfriend, you bastard?!!?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

And that, my good sir, was my point.

P.S. Where'd ya get pics of my girlfriend, you bastard?!!?

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steeler drafted Mendy merely for depth...in the first round...that will go down as one of the greatest flub ups in team history. They drafted Mendy because they couldn't pass on a guy that could be "the man". They drafted him...despite having a pretty good back...but why? Because Mendy has the complete package...he is a complete back. Parker is a good back...he is not a great back...I know it...and the Steelers know it.
    Most teams aren't content with just one pretty good back. Most teams would prefer to have at least 2 pretty good backs, or complimentary backs. If you draft the BPA at a position you need depth at, then it's not a bad thing if the guy is a "complete back" or he could be "the man". It's just icing on a cake that was bought for a different reason then you're giving.
    And so you say...but I guess we will see soon enough.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it would be stupid to think mendy was drafted JUST for depth. depth is an issue now, but most likely he will be the number 1 guy in the future IF he proves himself worthy, but to think he was drafted to replace parker this year or even next is stupid. you think tomlin and the fo liked giving FWP more carries than any other rb? that didnt work out to well did it. especially in the post season you dont want your rb run down, its a long season and depth is so important

Legend

User Info Menu

Then I must be stupid because I believe by the start of next season Mendy will
    be the clear cut starter. I just don't see the Steelers being all that patient with
    Parker as he decides to run up the backsides of his linemen, and get 1-2 yards a pop
    between the tackles. If Mendy proves he can get 3-4 tough yards...when teams are gearing up for him....hand off after hand off...Parker won't be the starter for long.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

be the clear cut starter. I just don't see the Steelers being all that patient with
    Parker as he decides to run up the backsides of his linemen, and get 1-2 yards a pop
    between the tackles. If Mendy proves he can get 3-4 tough yards...when teams are gearing up for him....hand off after hand off...Parker won't be the starter for long.
    Unless our O line improves, Mendy will just be a bigger guy running up the backsides of his linemen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i guess so
    just kidding, well maybe next season, maybe. mendy will have to have an absolute amazing rookie year for that to happen and fwp will have to absolutely suck. the thing is parker will benefit from this arrangement a ton, just watch. he will be fresher and its much harder for a defense to game plan against parker and mendy opposed to just parker

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i guess so
    just kidding, well maybe next season, maybe. mendy will have to have an absolute amazing rookie year for that to happen and fwp will have to absolutely suck. the thing is parker will benefit from this arrangement a ton, just watch. he will be fresher and its much harder for a defense to game plan against parker and mendy opposed to just parker
    You will not hear me disagree there at all. I think Mendy just helped Parker out tremendously. Keeping Parker fresh and fast all game would be sick. Can you imagine Mendy beating up on a D all game and the speedy Parker coming in? I love the thought of Parker running all over a tired D. I just do not like the thought of Parker pounding it out, run after run.
    Trolls are people too.