Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: Parker Critics

  1. #91
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Parker Critics

    [quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":23ph0vjw
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Wow...ok you two can keep smokin that Parker crack pipe and come game oh lets say 6-7 lets see what's going on. Parkers days as the #1 back on this team are numbered. The writing is on the wall. If you don't want to read it...fine.
    birt - I think so.

    SMG - You're one of the "Mendy and Russell are better than Parker" posters. What have you seen either of those two do in the NFL that shows that? Mendy has never faced NFL talent and Russell has been on the team yet has not supplanted Parker or seen any significant PT. So why is it that you see it but no scouts or coaches do? The Steelers drafted Mendy because he was too good to pass at 23. Period.

    MSM - When this whole debate started I did a breakdown by distance of every one of Parker's runs from last season and the negative runs were not nearly as many as people claimed them to be and neither were the "big" runs. Unfortunately I didn't save it and I'm not about to go over to that other board to look for it. If you wanna go through every game and catalog each and every carry you will see it for yourself. Parker is not an all universe back so the haters will continue to hate. Hate on...he'll continue to prove you wrong just as he has done his entire NFL career.
    You would need to save something like that and prove your point. I cannot accept your word for it.[/quote:23ph0vjw]

    Go look for it...it's there. Ask oldtimer67...he was thrilled when I posted it.

    Birt - Thanks!

  2. #92
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    It's my opinion that we would have went OL if there had been someone worth picking 1st round.

    I do not agree with all the people stating that we drafted a RB because of FWP's deficiencies, even though he does have some. If much of anything else other than BPA had to do with the pick, I will say it had more to do with the people backing FWP up then FWP himself.
    So, if BPA was QB or TE we should have drafted them? Of course not...why? Because they wouldn't play. Mendy should be a hellacious bust if he can't beat Parker out for the starting position come season 2. He was not brought in to sit bench...he was not drafted in the first to play second fiddle. He was drafted to start...make no mistakes about it. And when he is in the game...you will understand why we drafted him.

    There's a big jump between drafting someone to take over the starting RB position and taking the BPA at a position that we needed quality depth at. You can toot Russell's horn all day long, but until he does something in an NFL game I'm not buying into the hype. (Of course, I hope he sets the world on fire, yada yada)

    I still don't agree with the sentiment that the Steeler organization is all of a sudden ready to crown a rookie the starting RB over FWP. FWP has his flaws, but so do most RBs whose initials aren't LT or AP.

    We supposedly were going to a faster, quicker, explosive offense and less of a bruising type of run game, no? Isn't that why (or least partly why) they axed Kreider in favor of a ho-hum Davis? Wasn't that Arian's plan (haha)? If so, isn't FWP a better fit for that type of offense than say, the Bus? Or at least isn't he a better first option?

    While FWP did seem somewhat inconsistent last year and does have trouble getting the tough yards, I still don't think they drafted a rookie RB with the specific intention of putting FWP into a secondary role. However, if this kid Mendenhall is as good as a lot of you think he'll be, then by all means let our version of Adrian Peterson run amok, and put FWP in there to change the looks we give the opposing D.

    What's different about drafting an RB as opposed to a TE at that time is that we have two really good (IMO) TEs already. We (also IMO) do not have two really good RBs. We have a really good RB that has his flaws, and some dudes that I haven't seen a damn thing from yet.

    Anyhow, just my opinion. I could be wrong. F it who wants pie?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  3. #93

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Wow...ok you two can keep smokin that Parker crack pipe and come game oh lets say 6-7 lets see what's going on. Parkers days as the #1 back on this team are numbered. The writing is on the wall. If you don't want to read it...fine.
    birt - I think so.

    SMG - You're one of the "Mendy and Russell are better than Parker" posters. What have you seen either of those two do in the NFL that shows that? Mendy has never faced NFL talent and Russell has been on the team yet has not supplanted Parker or seen any significant PT. So why is it that you see it but no scouts or coaches do? The Steelers drafted Mendy because he was too good to pass at 23. Period.

    MSM - When this whole debate started I did a breakdown by distance of every one of Parker's runs from last season and the negative runs were not nearly as many as people claimed them to be and neither were the "big" runs. Unfortunately I didn't save it and I'm not about to go over to that other board to look for it. If you wanna go through every game and catalog each and every carry you will see it for yourself. Parker is not an all universe back so the haters will continue to hate. Hate on...he'll continue to prove you wrong just as he has done his entire NFL career.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I said, I'm not happy with Parker as a starter. I said, the writing is on the wall. I said, that I want a complete back...I said soooo many things but never Russell and Mendy are better than Parker. How can anyone say that yet? My suspicion is that they will indeed be better...yes both of them. My suspicion is that the coaches agree that Parker is not a feature back...hence the reason they drafted Mendy. Come on man we are running in circles here. This is a fuggin waste of time. Come game day...lets see what happens. If Parker is the feature back for years to come...then you were right.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  4. #94

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    It's my opinion that we would have went OL if there had been someone worth picking 1st round.

    I do not agree with all the people stating that we drafted a RB because of FWP's deficiencies, even though he does have some. If much of anything else other than BPA had to do with the pick, I will say it had more to do with the people backing FWP up then FWP himself.
    So, if BPA was QB or TE we should have drafted them? Of course not...why? Because they wouldn't play. Mendy should be a hellacious bust if he can't beat Parker out for the starting position come season 2. He was not brought in to sit bench...he was not drafted in the first to play second fiddle. He was drafted to start...make no mistakes about it. And when he is in the game...you will understand why we drafted him.

    There's a big jump between drafting someone to take over the starting RB position and taking the BPA at a position that we needed quality depth at. You can toot Russell's horn all day long, but until he does something in an NFL game I'm not buying into the hype. (Of course, I hope he sets the world on fire, yada yada)

    I still don't agree with the sentiment that the Steeler organization is all of a sudden ready to crown a rookie the starting RB over FWP. FWP has his flaws, but so do most RBs whose initials aren't LT or AP.

    We supposedly were going to a faster, quicker, explosive offense and less of a bruising type of run game, no? Isn't that why (or least partly why) they axed Kreider in favor of a ho-hum Davis? Wasn't that Arian's plan (haha)? If so, isn't FWP a better fit for that type of offense than say, the Bus? Or at least isn't he a better first option?

    While FWP did seem somewhat inconsistent last year and does have trouble getting the tough yards, I still don't think they drafted a rookie RB with the specific intention of putting FWP into a secondary role. However, if this kid Mendenhall is as good as a lot of you think he'll be, then by all means let our version of Adrian Peterson run amok, and put FWP in there to change the looks we give the opposing D.

    What's different about drafting an RB as opposed to a TE at that time is that we have two really good (IMO) TEs already. We (also IMO) do not have two really good RBs. We have a really good RB that has his flaws, and some dudes that I haven't seen a damn thing from yet.

    Anyhow, just my opinion. I could be wrong. F it who wants pie?
    There is zero way Tomlin will annoint Mendy the starter out of the gates. Thats a given. Did I say he would?
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  5. #95
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    It's my opinion that we would have went OL if there had been someone worth picking 1st round.

    I do not agree with all the people stating that we drafted a RB because of FWP's deficiencies, even though he does have some. If much of anything else other than BPA had to do with the pick, I will say it had more to do with the people backing FWP up then FWP himself.
    So, if BPA was QB or TE we should have drafted them? Of course not...why? Because they wouldn't play. Mendy should be a hellacious bust if he can't beat Parker out for the starting position come season 2. He was not brought in to sit bench...he was not drafted in the first to play second fiddle. He was drafted to start...make no mistakes about it. And when he is in the game...you will understand why we drafted him.

    There's a big jump between drafting someone to take over the starting RB position and taking the BPA at a position that we needed quality depth at. You can toot Russell's horn all day long, but until he does something in an NFL game I'm not buying into the hype. (Of course, I hope he sets the world on fire, yada yada)

    I still don't agree with the sentiment that the Steeler organization is all of a sudden ready to crown a rookie the starting RB over FWP. FWP has his flaws, but so do most RBs whose initials aren't LT or AP.

    We supposedly were going to a faster, quicker, explosive offense and less of a bruising type of run game, no? Isn't that why (or least partly why) they axed Kreider in favor of a ho-hum Davis? Wasn't that Arian's plan (haha)? If so, isn't FWP a better fit for that type of offense than say, the Bus? Or at least isn't he a better first option?

    While FWP did seem somewhat inconsistent last year and does have trouble getting the tough yards, I still don't think they drafted a rookie RB with the specific intention of putting FWP into a secondary role. However, if this kid Mendenhall is as good as a lot of you think he'll be, then by all means let our version of Adrian Peterson run amok, and put FWP in there to change the looks we give the opposing D.

    What's different about drafting an RB as opposed to a TE at that time is that we have two really good (IMO) TEs already. We (also IMO) do not have two really good RBs. We have a really good RB that has his flaws, and some dudes that I haven't seen a damn thing from yet.

    Anyhow, just my opinion. I could be wrong. F it who wants pie?
    There is zero way Tomlin will annoint Mendy the starter out of the gates. Thats a given. Did I say he would?
    Nope. That's not my point.

    However, you guyz are acting as if he was drafted to take over for him in the very very near future (I guess assuming that the Steelers FO has a problem with FWP). That's what I am disagreeing with.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  6. #96
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Nope. That's not my point.

    However, you guyz are acting as if he was drafted to take over for him in the very very near future (I guess assuming that the Steelers FO has a problem with FWP). That's what I am disagreeing with.
    Same here. He was taken because our RB depth is lacking and he was there at 23. Had there been a stud O lineman at 23 Mendy would be in another team's camp right now.

  7. #97
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    There's a big jump between drafting someone to take over the starting RB position and taking the BPA at a position that we needed quality depth at. You can toot Russell's horn all day long, but until he does something in an NFL game I'm not buying into the hype. (Of course, I hope he sets the world on fire, yada yada)

    I still don't agree with the sentiment that the Steeler organization is all of a sudden ready to crown a rookie the starting RB over FWP. FWP has his flaws, but so do most RBs whose initials aren't LT or AP.

    We supposedly were going to a faster, quicker, explosive offense and less of a bruising type of run game, no? Isn't that why (or least partly why) they axed Kreider in favor of a ho-hum Davis? Wasn't that Arian's plan (haha)? If so, isn't FWP a better fit for that type of offense than say, the Bus? Or at least isn't he a better first option?

    While FWP did seem somewhat inconsistent last year and does have trouble getting the tough yards, I still don't think they drafted a rookie RB with the specific intention of putting FWP into a secondary role. However, if this kid Mendenhall is as good as a lot of you think he'll be, then by all means let our version of Adrian Peterson run amok, and put FWP in there to change the looks we give the opposing D.

    What's different about drafting an RB as opposed to a TE at that time is that we have two really good (IMO) TEs already. We (also IMO) do not have two really good RBs. We have a really good RB that has his flaws, and some dudes that I haven't seen a damn thing from yet.

    Anyhow, just my opinion. I could be wrong. F it who wants pie?


    Well said ...

    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  8. #98

    Re: Parker Critics

    If the Steeler drafted Mendy merely for depth...in the first round...that will go down as one of the greatest flub ups in team history. They drafted Mendy because they couldn't pass on a guy that could be "the man". They drafted him...despite having a pretty good back...but why? Because Mendy has the complete package...he is a complete back. Parker is a good back...he is not a great back...I know it...and the Steelers know it.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  9. #99

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    If the Steeler drafted Mendy merely for depth...in the first round...that will go down as one of the greatest flub ups in team history. They drafted Mendy because they couldn't pass on a guy that could be "the man". They drafted him...despite having a pretty good back...but why? Because Mendy has the complete package...he is a complete back. Parker is a good back...he is not a great back...I know
    it...and the Steelers know it.

    I hope you are right, it would net us a very nice draft pick in the long-run, but all i can say is there are a whole heck of a lot of running backs who are labled "complete backs" coming out of college, only to wither and die in the pros. For now, all I know is willie Parker averaged 1300 yards over his last three seasons, never rushing for under 1200 in any of them. And that was in an injury-shortened year last season with a very questionable offensive line. For a flawed running back, that ain't small potatas.

    Oh yea, and another thing.

    The season must be gettign closer

  10. #100

    Re: Parker Critics

    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    If the Steeler drafted Mendy merely for depth...in the first round...that will go down as one of the greatest flub ups in team history. They drafted Mendy because they couldn't pass on a guy that could be "the man". They drafted him...despite having a pretty good back...but why? Because Mendy has the complete package...he is a complete back. Parker is a good back...he is not a great back...I know
    it...and the Steelers know it.

    I hope you are right, it would net us a very nice draft pick in the long-run, but all i can say is there are a whole heck of a lot of running backs who are labled "complete backs" coming out of college, only to wither and die in the pros. For now, all I know is willie Parker averaged 1300 yards over his last three seasons, never rushing for under 1200 in any of them. And that was in an injury-shortened year last season with a very questionable offensive line. For a flawed running back, that ain't small potatas.

    Oh yea, and another thing.

    The season must be gettign closer
    You will hear no guarantees from me about Mendy. What you will hear is that I don't believe Parker to be that complete back we need. I will say this however...I watched alot of Mendy and the guy has it all. Yes, it was in college...yes he has alot to prove but I'm excited. If Mendy doesn't end up starting...it will be because of Mendy not Parker.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •