Thread: Steelers, McFadden & Smith talking extension

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers, McFadden & Smith talking extension

Good news.
    [url]http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/[/url]

Steelers talking to McFadden about extension
    TIOPS has learned the Steelers have had discussions with Bryant McFadden about a longterm extension. The Steelers have also had preliminary discussions with LT Marvel Smith regarding a 3 year extension. Talks with both players are expected to heat up prior to training camp.

A deal for Limas Sweed will be official in the next couple of days. Word is Mendenhall will be signed before training camp opens. It's believed the representatives for Mendenhall are waiting to see what Dallas running back Felix Jones signs for.
    Jay Glazer Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com is reporting The New York Giants have agreed to trade Jeremy Shockey to the New Orleans Saints for a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick,

Posted by DePaoli Editor-in-Chief of TIOPS at 2:23 PM Links to this post
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers, McFadden & Smith talking extension

thats great news about bmac but why give smith another 3 years? his back is always a problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    thats great news about bmac but why give smith another 3 years? his back is always a problem
    Even with a bad back, Smith is better than Max (and therefore starting).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he is by far better than max and may be the best of the o-lineman but he is still just ok. if they do give him an extension it better be for cheap. i just dont want to see the steelers invest much in him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeVille
    he is by far better than max and may be the best of the o-lineman but he is still just ok. if they do give him an extension it better be for cheap. i just dont want to see the steelers invest much in him
    work sux (didn't finish my thought).

I was gonna say, assume the money would be similar or less than what we'd pay Max, I'm good with the signing... It would mean the team doesn't have to panick and overpay Max now to retain his services beyond this year.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille

I was gonna say, assume the money would be similar or less than what we'd pay Max, I'm good with the signing... It would mean the team doesn't have to panick and overpay Max now to retain his services beyond this year.
    no doubt i definetly agree with that. it would be one less spot to fill on the o-line in next year's offseason.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

no doubt i definetly agree with that. it would be one less spot to fill on the o-line in next year's offseason.
    It would be very difficult to go into next offseason potentially losing Essex, Starks, and Marvel.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1

It would be very difficult to go into next offseason potentially losing Essex, Starks, and Marvel.
    that would be terrible. granted they are not the best o-lineman but having to replace 3 would be awful. im really hoping that next years draft is deep with o-lineman and there are some good fa's out there for not huge money.