View Poll Results: Is it ok to be a fan of a team, but not all of it's players?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

17 77.27%
  • No.

0 0%
  • What's a Fan.

0 0%
  • I hate the Browns.

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

BigBen2112

Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

A friend of mine was talking to me and say, "dude I know you are like the biggest football, nfl, and steeler fan in the world, but be honest...still deep down somewhere even as a steeler homer there HAS to be a player you just dont like and who gets under your skin...who is it and why?"

And I started thinking about it...what do you guys think? Everyone has them, like it or not, just wondering who it is for you guys?!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

I think there have been a few players that I have disliked because of an obvious lack of effort (and/or talent) on the field. Mahan, Faneca last year, Staley, Flowers and Gildon. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.

But the one player I really disliked was Delton Hall. I remember him being a trouble maker and a punk. I still can't believe he lasted as long as he did in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i think its pretty normal to dislike players on your favorite team. thats what being a passionate fan is about. my least favorite steelers have to be chad scott, troy edwards, bam morris plax and cedric the entertainer. ced might have been the worst of them though. they over paid for a below average wr and on top of that he had the balls to cry about not getting enough balls thrown to him. bam morris is also up there on my list. he had all the talent in the world and he was just a lazy pothead. i dont condone weed but get your priorities straight. he couldnt wait till his mid to late 30's to get high every day and do nothing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course you can dislike certain players and still be a fan. In recent times never liked Porter and all his antics, never liked Plastico, never liked Maddox, or Chad Scott.

Of the current Steelers not thrilled with Nate Washington or Anthony Smith.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Of course you can dislike certain players and still be a fan. In recent times never liked Porter and all his antics, never liked Plastico, never liked Maddox, or Chad Scott.

Just out of curiosity, how could you have not liked tommy after his first couple of season?

For me, I never liked Mark Malone. Quick story abotu Malone, I worked for Breadworks as a kid, and I used to deliver out to a place in Wexford (forgive me, I can't rememebr the name of the place, but it was a big grocery-like store), where Malone would go every day when he was on WPXI. He would get there about the same time as we were scheduled to get there so I would see him often, and we would walk in the front door carrying a ton of trays of bread. Dude never held the door for us once, and he had numerous opportunities to do so. What the hell kind of a person sees someone with their hands full and doesn't offer to hold the door? I feel guilty not holding the door, even if it's just for someone behind me who doesn't have their hands full.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

Just out of curiosity, how could you have not liked tommy after his first couple of season?

For me, I never liked Mark Malone. Quick story abotu Malone, I worked for Breadworks as a kid, and I used to deliver out to a place in Wexford (forgive me, I can't rememebr the name of the place, but it was a big grocery-like store), where Malone would go every day when he was on WPXI. He would get there about the same time as we were scheduled to get there so I would see him often, and we would walk in the front door carrying a ton of trays of bread. Dude never held the door for us once, and he had numerous opportunities to do so. What the hell kind of a person sees someone with their hands full and doesn't offer to hold the door? I feel guilty not holding the door, even if it's just for someone behind me who doesn't have their hands full.
    i agree, its bad enough he was an awful qb but to have bad manners on top of it. what a useless person

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never liked Porter or Plexiglass and Anthony Smith is quickly working his way onto my list.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

i agree, its bad enough he was an awful qb but to have bad manners on top of it. what a useless person
    But you have to admit - he was great on Magnum

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

But you have to admit - he was great on Magnum

haha thats awsome!! malone was even rude to that english guy whatever his name was. what a jerk

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know that it's only Mark Malone, but what if this was a Steeler that was held in high esteem?

It's stories like this that make me think that I wouldn't want to have any encounters with any Steelers. If they were jerks, my view of them would be soiled.