View Poll Results: Is it ok to be a fan of a team, but not all of it's players?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

17 77.27%
  • No.

0 0%
  • What's a Fan.

0 0%
  • I hate the Browns.

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

But you have to admit - he was great on Magnum

I was waiting on the first Magnum reference!! I debated putting one out myself.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Of course you can dislike certain players and still be a fan. In recent times never liked Porter and all his antics, never liked Plastico, never liked Maddox, or Chad Scott.

Of the current Steelers not thrilled with Nate Washington or Anthony Smith.
    Just out of curiosity, how could you have not liked tommy after his first couple of season?

For me, I never liked Mark Malone. Quick story abotu Malone, I worked for Breadworks as a kid, and I used to deliver out to a place in Wexford (forgive me, I can't rememebr the name of the place, but it was a big grocery-like store), where Malone would go every day when he was on WPXI. He would get there about the same time as we were scheduled to get there so I would see him often, and we would walk in the front door carrying a ton of trays of bread. Dude never held the door for us once, and he had numerous opportunities to do so. What the hell kind of a person sees someone with their hands full and doesn't offer to hold the door? I feel guilty not holding the door, even if it's just for someone behind me who doesn't have their hands full.
    i agree, its bad enough he was an awful qb but to have bad manners on top of it. what a useless person
    I know that it's only Mark Malone, but what if this was a Steeler that was held in high esteem?

It's stories like this that make me think that I wouldn't want to have any encounters with any Steelers. If they were jerks, my view of them would be soiled.
    You know, we all have our bad days, but Malone did this quite a bit to us. I mean, seriously, how can you be rue to a breadworks guy? Have you had their bread?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate Ike Taylor because he looks like adgi981.

Of course I think it's okay to hate someone on your favorite team,
    that's why I voted
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

To answer the poll question first.

I was a fan of the team, FIRST... And I'll always be a fan of the team. Been a 76ers fan for as long as I can remember - but, didn't like A.I.

For a true fan, this will eventually happen - it just will.

Having said that, I can't think of anyone on the current Steelers team that I actually dis-like. There are guys that I'd rather not have on the team(mahan, for example)... but, I don't dislike them.

Despite all his trash talking, I personally loved Porter and his attitude. These are the Pittsburgh Steelers - and I don't care whether it's Lambert, Lloyd or Porter, somebody needs to remind the other team of it.

I hope that guy will be Bruce Davis real soon.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a good list of players I didn't really care for.

Walter Abercrombie: This was the guy brought in to replace Franco? huh?

Mark Malone: I always thought that Scott Campbell should have got a better chance with the Steelers, I remember watching him kill the Falcons (gotta love childhood memories).

Bubby: This guy couldn't even control himself, let alone keep the entire offense cool under pressure. He had terrible mechanics, but a heck of an arm.

All of the D Ends at the end of the Noll Era: Wasted draft picks and lazy players (Aaron Jones, Kenny Davidson, Donald Evans). the list goes on and on.

O'Donnell: Well what is there to say? 2 picks made the difference, the one that really got me was the first one b/c if he just hits Ernie its a touchdown.

Steven Conley: I just always hated the guy. I hated the pick and even worse when he turned out to be a stiff.

Lee Flowers: How is someone that slow a safety?

Jason Gildon: This guy only tackled QB's, he seemed to miss every other tackle he could.

Duce Staley: This guy was the Steelers worst free agent sign.

Cedric Wilson: This guy was terrible...........another bad free agent sign, he only caught what half of the passes thrown his way.

Nick Eason: Why do we need a Browns retread who wasn't even good in Cleveland, just cut him please.

Hows that for a list?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hogerules33

Hines Ward

He's a classic overachiever, and very intelligent player.

But he hijacked the team for a longterm deal when we had to sign him after Plax left, he whines, and has been voted by NFL players consistently as one of the "dirty" players in the league. He will level a CB or LB late in the play, and then stand over their dazed body and taunt them (which he has been flagged for more than once).

I didn't like it when Warren Sapp did it to Chad Clifton, and I don't like it when Hines does it to other players.

Others on my list: Joey Porter, Plax, Eric Greene, Duce Staley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not his fault but I don't like Carey Davis. I'll never understand why a 5 time practice squad loser was put on the field ahead of Kreider, one of the best blocking FB's the Steelers ever had. Even FWP said outright he was a better runner with Dan ahead of him. You'll never convince me Tomlin didn't use him in an effort to try and find a diamond in the rough.

I may get killed on this one but I'm not a fan of Nate Washington. Probably b/c of message boards - I think he gets a ridiculous pass on his abilities because of the small school, cinderella story. He's anti-clutch and could be replaced in a nano-second.

Flame away

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Not his fault but I don't like Carey Davis. I'll never understand why a 5 time practice squad loser was put on the field ahead of Kreider, one of the best blocking FB's the Steelers ever had. Even FWP said outright he was a better runner with Dan ahead of him. You'll never convince me Tomlin didn't use him in an effort to try and find a diamond in the rough.

I may get killed on this one but I'm not a fan of Nate Washington. Probably b/c of message boards - I think he gets a ridiculous pass on his abilities because of the small school, cinderella story. He's anti-clutch and could be replaced in a nano-second.

Flame away
    well i doubt a whole lot of people will disagree with your assesment of nate washington, i do agree about davis though. he looked great in the preseason last year but thats it. he isnt a good blocker and he was as much to blame as the o-line was. i dont really agree about nate though, as a #4wr he is probably better than just about any # 4 wr. his hands arent the best but i dont ever recall him dropping any td passes. i hated ced much more, but nate wouldnt be missed much if he wasnt on the team

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nate needs to be more consistent. For every solid catch he makes, he drops
    two easy ones.

And say what you want about Ced, he always came through in big games.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Nate needs to be more consistent. For every solid catch he makes, he drops
    two easy ones.

And say what you want about Ced, he always came through in big games.
    I'm glad someone finally stuck up for Ced. I'll remember the AFCCG vs. Denver as his biggest game as a Steeler. Not saying we lose without him - but he made some HUGE catches on a few 3rd downs to keep drives alive.