Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2:17 On The Timer

Backup

User Info Menu

2:17 On The Timer

2:17 on the Timer

[url="http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804f7c96"]http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804f7c96[/url]

On the next play, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger faked to Parker and then dropped back to pass. With several Patriots defenders going for the play fake to Parker, Ward raced downfield wide open. But before Roethlisberger could throw to Ward, he was sacked by nose tackle Vince Wilfork. Three pays later, the Steelers punted.

“Hines was wide open for a touchdown,” Arians said. “It was normal protection. It was a play action pass. The problem was that one of (pass) protectors lost his balance and got beat.”

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 2:17 On The Timer

I was in a good mood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mahan.

PS - I loved the sweet run for 19 yards by Willie "no moves" Parker on the preceding highlight.

SteelerSal1

I'm gonna try not to go to bed in a bad mood.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

parker looked real good in that game. we would have won that game if we kept doing what we were doing on offense. we tried to play NE's game and we lost because of it. that damn sweep on the 4th and goal was stupid. what the hell were the coaches thinking?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ughh...

One of the things I thought at the time was that despite the score, the guys played alright. I know that seems like I'm being a homer, but the Pats are going to get their yards & despite that they couldn't stop Wille. What I'm really referring to are some lucky plays that went their way (like they had all season), such as the catch by Moss over Ike where he juggles the ball before bringing it in & the triple pass that resulted in the TD. Sometimes you get every break (what I like to call the "Tiger Woods" effect) & that combined with the collective whistle-swallowing by the refs & you get what happened that day. Plus...add the nauseating cheerleading of Simms & Nantz (did you guys know that AS said something before the game?) & the entire day was a waste...yes I am letting LeBeau & Arians off the hook for a bad game plan - my hatred of the Pats runs that deep.

BTW...the media got off on Eddie Haskell...uhh, I mean Tom Brady, for getting in the face of AS (remember - THEY play the game the right way ). But does anybody know what was said between him & Silverback? Tom backed down pretty quick...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Ughh...

One of the things I thought at the time was that despite the score, the guys played alright. I know that seems like I'm being a homer, but the Pats are going to get their yards & despite that they couldn't stop Wille. What I'm really referring to are some lucky plays that went their way (like they had all season), such as the catch by Moss over Ike where he juggles the ball before bringing it in & the triple pass that resulted in the TD. Sometimes you get every break (what I like to call the "Tiger Woods" effect) & that combined with the collective whistle-swallowing by the refs & you get what happened that day. Plus...add the nauseating cheerleading of Simms & Nantz (did you guys know that AS said something before the game?) & the entire day was a waste...yes I am letting LeBeau & Arians off the hook for a bad game plan - my hatred of the Pats runs that deep.

BTW...the media got off on Eddie Haskell...uhh, I mean Tom Brady, for getting in the face of AS (remember - THEY play the game the right way ). But does anybody know what was said between him & Silverback? Tom backed down pretty quick...

Don't let it bother you too much. After all it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Patriots could have gone undefeated and then won the SB. We would have heard about that for years!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":28du4l56
    Ughh...

Don't let it bother you too much. After all it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Patriots could have gone undefeated and then won the SB. We would have heard about that for years![/quote:28du4l56]

Thank God for small miracles!!!!
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    that damn sweep on the 4th and goal was stupid. what the hell were the coaches thinking?

This play call was the worst play call of the year IMO. Awful!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    that damn sweep on the 4th and goal was stupid. what the hell were the coaches thinking?

This play call was the worst play call of the year IMO. Awful!!!

i dunno, either that play or the call for a qb bootleg on a 3rd and 8 against jax in the playoffs. both were awful calls