Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just don't see where a team can compete!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I just don't see where a team can compete!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    So, if all the starters in the league get hurt, we've got a chance....

Meanwhile, since only starers play... I hate to admit it, but, Clevelands team looks like serious competition.

Ben > Anderson
    Parker > Lewis
    Our o-line < their o-line

Braylon Edwards + Donte Stallworth is very comparable to Ward and Holmes. In fact, your average (non-biased) joe would likely give them the edge in that matchup. Throw in winslow and it's them in a landslide.

Looking at defense, they certainly have a lot of veteran names that, if they play up to their potential, could give us fits.

Reading their roster, actually made me more worried...
    i dunno about stallworth and edwards being much better than ward and holmes. edwards is the best out of those wr's but stallworth is average and is injury prone. but it all comes down to deffense and the stains d is weak. i doubt rogers will make any difference at all either. even the browns struggled to get to ben last year against the worst o-line in the league and they still wont be able to run much against the steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Meanwhile, since only starers play... I hate to admit it, but, Clevelands team looks like serious competition.

Ben > Anderson
    Parker > Lewis

Braylon Edwards + Donte Stallworth is very comparable to Ward and Holmes. In fact, your average (non-biased) joe would likely give them the edge in that matchup. Throw in winslow and it's them in a landslide.

Looking at defense, they certainly have a lot of veteran names that, if they play up to their potential, could give us fits.

i dunno about stallworth and edwards being much better than ward and holmes. edwards is the best out of those wr's but stallworth is average and is injury prone. but it all comes down to deffense and the stains d is weak. i doubt rogers will make any difference at all either. even the browns struggled to get to ben last year against the worst o-line in the league and they still wont be able to run much against the steelers
    re-read it... I said "comparable".

Edwards has improved a lot and Hines has aged - which brings them closer together... that's the only reason it's even close.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Ben > Anderson
    Parker > Lewis

re-read it... I said "comparable".

Edwards has improved a lot and Hines has aged - which brings them closer together... that's the only reason it's even close.
    oh i know, i was referring to the average fan's opinon not yours. sorry i should of made myself clear. i highly doubt edwards will ever be as good as hines but your right its very close because of hines's age. who knows though if edwards keeps having seasons like last then he will be an elite wr, but he is a jerk so i can also see him having a meltdown at some point in his career