Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farrior wants to re-sign before camp

Steely76

Re: Farrior wants to re-sign before camp

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    If he is not willing to accept a contract for close to the vet minimum much like Bettis...he will be gone. The Steelers will not pay him even close to starter money. Why? Because this is his last season starting. He knows it...the Steelers know it. I would like to see him stay...but it's a business. If he really loves the Steelers that much he will accept a 2 year deal for 3.4-4 million. That will retire him as a Steeler and the Steelers get to keep a vet presence in that LB core.
    Who's going to take over for him next season?
    Harrison.

D will look like this

Davis...Harrison....Timmons....Woodley

Sprinkle in a rookie first round ILB.
    Yeah Harrison's a good choice. We know he's good at beatin' on them mouthy hoes!

Backup

User Info Menu

Farrior has been a terrific Steeler. i'm a fan of James Farrior. Hope he gets to stick around.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kendrell Bell was the last rookie to step in and contribute significantly no?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Farrior has been a terrific Steeler. i'm a fan of James Farrior. Hope he gets to stick around.
    I'll second that opinion - Go Cavs!
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

If he is not willing to accept a contract for close to the vet minimum much like Bettis...he will be gone. The Steelers will not pay him even close to starter money. Why? Because this is his last season starting. He knows it...the Steelers know it. I would like to see him stay...but it's a business. If he really loves the Steelers that much he will accept a 2 year deal for 3.4-4 million. That will retire him as a Steeler and the Steelers get to keep a vet presence in that LB core.
    How many millions are enough? Wow--only making $4M on a team and a city that sees you as a hero. I wish we all had those tough decisions.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow can't believe I forgot about K Bell and his rookie year, I guess all the frustration with him after that year made me blind to it! What a disappointment that turned out to be!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

An interesting factiod that I think is cool, but no one else will give a hoot about:
    James Farriors aunt is the daycare provider for my neice. Her name is Angie.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Who's going to take over for him next season?
    Harrison.

D will look like this

Davis...Harrison....Timmons....Woodley

Sprinkle in a rookie first round ILB.
    Davis is a project, I don't foresee him making the starting lineup next year. And Timmons still needs to beat out Foote for playing time this year.

While I would like to see them sign James, I don't see it happening. Although I don't see a proven replacement on the roster currently at this time either. So I honestly think the play of Timmons this year, will in effect decide what is done with Farrior.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Legend

User Info Menu

Love Farrior. Sign him for less (which it sounds like he is angling for) and be done with it. He understands that his role is depth to the new guys.

Sign him so I can continue to proudly wear his jersey!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Love Farrior. Sign him for less (which it sounds like he is angling for) and be done with it. He understands that his role is depth to the new guys.

Sign him so I can continue to proudly wear his jersey!
    I agree. A Woodley, Timmons, Farrior, Harrison defense with Davis as a swing linebacker and Foote to substitute inside is much stronger than a Woodley, Foote (or Harrison), Timmons, & Davis linebacking core in my opinion.

I would love to extend Farrior.