Thread: Farrior wants to re-sign before camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Farrior wants to re-sign before camp

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    If he is not willing to accept a contract for close to the vet minimum much like Bettis...he will be gone. The Steelers will not pay him even close to starter money. Why? Because this is his last season starting. He knows it...the Steelers know it. I would like to see him stay...but it's a business. If he really loves the Steelers that much he will accept a 2 year deal for 3.4-4 million. That will retire him as a Steeler and the Steelers get to keep a vet presence in that LB core.
    Who's going to take over for him next season?
    Harrison.

D will look like this

Davis...Harrison....Timmons....Woodley

Sprinkle in a rookie first round ILB.
    Davis is a project, I don't foresee him making the starting lineup next year. And Timmons still needs to beat out Foote for playing time this year.

While I would like to see them sign James, I don't see it happening. Although I don't see a proven replacement on the roster currently at this time either. So I honestly think the play of Timmons this year, will in effect decide what is done with Farrior.
    I haven't seen too many 3rd round draft picks that are not "projects". With that said, the guy has tremendous ability to get to the QB.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Love Farrior. Sign him for less (which it sounds like he is angling for) and be done with it. He understands that his role is depth to the new guys.

Sign him so I can continue to proudly wear his jersey!
    I agree. A Woodley, Timmons, Farrior, Harrison defense with Davis as a swing linebacker and Foote to substitute inside is much stronger than a Woodley, Foote (or Harrison), Timmons, & Davis linebacking core in my opinion.

I would love to extend Farrior.
    Queerbait in 5...4...3...2...1....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Love Farrior. Sign him for less (which it sounds like he is angling for) and be done with it. He understands that his role is depth to the new guys.

I agree. A Woodley, Timmons, Farrior, Harrison defense with Davis as a swing linebacker and Foote to substitute inside is much stronger than a Woodley, Foote (or Harrison), Timmons, & Davis linebacking core in my opinion.

Oh, come on...that's a bit of a reach (around)

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh, come on...that's a bit of a reach (around)
    Is it?

Legend

User Info Menu

For fear of sounding racist, I sure like Farrior's approach much more than that white guard we had last year. Wants to re-sign, but understands that business is business.

Anyhow, I agree with extending him if he truly is willing to accept a discount. He may still be a starter in '09, but he will be a backup/pseudo LB coach the following year. I'd like to see him here for two more years, then let him retire to join our coaching staff.