Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry Back To The Bengals?..... Wow!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Henry Back To The Bengals?..... Wow!

Oh, the comedy never ends, does it? They just don't learn from past mistakes, do they? He will just get into some other kind of trouble........ Here's the latest from your "Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher".........
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday, July 17, 2008
    Henry interested in several teams, including Bengals
    By James Walker
    ESPN.com

Now that former Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry's legal issues are behind him and he could possibly be reinstated, the question is: Where will he land next?

According to Henry and his agent, Marvin Frazier, a return to the Bengals is a possibility.

"We have interest in several teams, including Cincinnati,'' Frazier said Thursday.

Frazier says it's still early in the process, but the Bengals have shown preliminary interest in Henry since his assault charge was dropped in Hamilton County (Ohio) court earlier this week. Perhaps expecting a suspension following Henry's fifth arrest, the team released Henry before the legal system ran its course.

But Henry says he wouldn't hold any grudges against the organization that drafted him in 2005. In fact, he would welcome a return to the Bengals with open arms.

"Going back to the Bengals is possible,'' Henry said. "I wouldn't mind it happening because I loved playing in Cincinnati. I got real close with all the guys out there and I planned on being out there for a long time. I really had a good time playing ball out there in Ohio."

The Bengals, in a prepared statement issued by public relations director Jack Brennan, said they could not respond to Henry's comments about a potential return.

"Chris is presently under NFL suspension, and until such time as he may be reinstated, we are not in position to comment," the team said. "Even in the event he is reinstated, he is no longer our player, and rarely if ever do we comment on any player who is not under contract with us."

Henry says he's been working out and getting back into football shape. He has no doubts that he can help a team this season. He had 88 career receptions for 1,370 yards and 17 touchdowns as Cincinnati's No. 3 receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Henry still has to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to seek a lifting of his suspension. A date has not been set, but a meeting could take place within the next two weeks.

"All we could say is this would be reviewed at the appropriate time, and all factors would be considered," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday, when the assault charge against Henry was dropped.

Overall, Henry, 25, knows this is an important time for him, wherever he signs, and he's looking at this opportunity as a new beginning in his life and football career.

"That's what I'm trying to make it,'' Henry said. "I'm just focusing on what I need to be doing off the field so I can keep doing what I do on the field. I just have to be smart and handle myself like a professional at all times. Off the field, if I'll handle situations like I'm supposed to everything else will take care of itself."

He was suspended by the NFL for eight games last year. When he returned for the second half of the season, he caught 21 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns.

Henry had nine touchdown catches in 13 games in 2006, when he was suspended by the league for two games and benched for another by coach Marvin Lewis because of misconduct.

Henry's legal problems include arrests for possession of marijuana in northern Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida, drunken driving in Ohio and providing alcohol to minors in northern Kentucky.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Henry Back To The Bengals?..... Wow!

Does the circus ever end over there?

Just when I thought they were taking steps to seperate themselves from these types of individuals this news comes out. Geez!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow is right! I don't see the Bungles putting more egg on their face for this guy but you never know. Marvin seems to like the criminal element on the team! Not sure why....but it seems he always wants to rehab someone. I still think that even w/o Henry this is the team that is closest to the Steelers in the division. I could see 8-8 or 9-7 out of Cincistinky this year, but they still won't beat the Steelers in Cincy so it won't matter!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

They just don't ever learn

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Oh, the comedy never ends, does it? They just don't learn from past mistakes, do they? He will just get into some other kind of trouble........ Here's the latest from your "Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher".........
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday, July 17, 2008
    Henry interested in several teams, including Bengals
    By James Walker
    ESPN.com

Now that former Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry's legal issues are behind him and he could possibly be reinstated, the question is: Where will he land next?

According to Henry and his agent, Marvin Frazier, a return to the Bengals is a possibility.

"We have interest in several teams, including Cincinnati,'' Frazier said Thursday.

Frazier says it's still early in the process, but the Bengals have shown preliminary interest in Henry since his assault charge was dropped in Hamilton County (Ohio) court earlier this week. Perhaps expecting a suspension following Henry's fifth arrest, the team released Henry before the legal system ran its course.

But Henry says he wouldn't hold any grudges against the organization that drafted him in 2005. In fact, he would welcome a return to the Bengals with open arms.

"Going back to the Bengals is possible,'' Henry said. "I wouldn't mind it happening because I loved playing in Cincinnati. I got real close with all the guys out there and I planned on being out there for a long time. I really had a good time playing ball out there in Ohio."

The Bengals, in a prepared statement issued by public relations director Jack Brennan, said they could not respond to Henry's comments about a potential return.

"Chris is presently under NFL suspension, and until such time as he may be reinstated, we are not in position to comment," the team said. "Even in the event he is reinstated, he is no longer our player, and rarely if ever do we comment on any player who is not under contract with us."

Henry says he's been working out and getting back into football shape. He has no doubts that he can help a team this season. He had 88 career receptions for 1,370 yards and 17 touchdowns as Cincinnati's No. 3 receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Henry still has to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to seek a lifting of his suspension. A date has not been set, but a meeting could take place within the next two weeks.

"All we could say is this would be reviewed at the appropriate time, and all factors would be considered," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday, when the assault charge against Henry was dropped.

Overall, Henry, 25, knows this is an important time for him, wherever he signs, and he's looking at this opportunity as a new beginning in his life and football career.

"That's what I'm trying to make it,'' Henry said. "I'm just focusing on what I need to be doing off the field so I can keep doing what I do on the field. I just have to be smart and handle myself like a professional at all times. Off the field, if I'll handle situations like I'm supposed to everything else will take care of itself."

He was suspended by the NFL for eight games last year. When he returned for the second half of the season, he caught 21 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns.

Henry had nine touchdown catches in 13 games in 2006, when he was suspended by the league for two games and benched for another by coach Marvin Lewis because of misconduct.

Henry's legal problems include arrests for possession of marijuana in northern Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida, drunken driving in Ohio and providing alcohol to minors in northern Kentucky.
    I would surely hope the Chris Henry would go to a team that he has a chance to start.
    A chance to be the man. Why he would he go back to the Bungals?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    They just don't ever learn
    To learn you would have to have standards and ethics. Of course the Bungals would take him back. They are so desperate to win after being the leagues example of incompetence they would sign Osama Bin Laden if he would get them a Division title. They are more upset about fans from other teams outnumbering their fans in their own stadium than they are the misconduct of morons like Henry.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    To learn you would have to have standards and ethics.
    Agreed.... As evidenced by thier pick in the 5th of Jason Shirley.... During his "introduction to the Bengals" press conference, he said that he could not attend the first round of OTAs' because of a court date......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Carson seems like a stand-up individual. He has got to hate the situation he's in being stuck with such a trashy organization!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I am a little confused here. The article mentions Henry wants to play for the Bengals, no where in the article did it mention the Bengals have shown any interest.

I am sure I am the minority here, but I don't see the Bengals taking another chance on him. Dallas will sign him, and he and Pacman (sorry I mean Adam) will be reunited from there college days at WVU and raise havoc at all the strip clubs in the Dallas area.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    I am a little confused here. The article mentions Henry wants to play for the Bengals, no where in the article did it mention the Bengals have shown any interest.
    Guess you're right there, BL. ... But this was in our paper yesterday... Not much of a follow-up, but sort of confirms it because the team did not deny it since then...

July 18, 2008
    Bengals want Henry back, agent says
    By Mark Curnutte
    [email="mcurnutte@enquirer.com"]mcurnutte@enquirer.com[/email]

ESPN.com is reporting that the Bengals are one of the NFL teams interested in re-signing Chris Henry, his agent said, now that the wide receiver has been cleared of all charges that led to his arrest in early April and subsequent release by the Bengals.