Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is everyones favorite team and why?

steeld95

Who is everyones favorite team and why?

Mine is South Carollina. I went to school there and am now an Alumni. I am from Northern New Jersey, so before I went down there for school, I watched alot of big ten football, especially Penn State. As soon as I went to my first game while in college, I was hooked. Having experience college football in the North and now the South....I can say there is nothing like college football in the south. Each Saturday the town pretty much revolves around the game. If you have never went to and tailgaited at an SEC game, I would suggest you do. There is nothing like it. Besides the football, the women are everywhere!!!! I know at South Carolina we are known to have some of the best women around...if you ever come to a game you would know why. I still go to every home game and some away games. I love traveling to other sites....

Besides South Carolina, I also root for Rutgers, Penn State, and Florida State....

Who is everyone else's favorite team and why??? Good luck to your teams this year....41 days til kickoff!

BIG FAN

Re: Who is everyones favorite team and why?

Being from Pa. I have always been partial to Pitt.
    Grew up to tolerate then respect Penn State, but neither of them have done much in recent years. Recently I've followed Louisville as it's my wife's alum and where she works.
    Pity though, Bobby "turncoat, cant hack the pros" Petrino did put together a good squad
    two seasons ago, then bailed and their new coach Steve Crapthorpe couldn't cut the mustard. It was akin to leaving someone the keys to a Ferrari, and then watching someone drive it like a tow truck. National champ contenders to the toilet in one season, what a shame.

Hall of Famer

I don't have a "favorite" team persay, but I root for several moreso than others...

Southern Cal... After attending a few games out there, I just fell in love with the program.
    Florida... My school didn't have a team, and one of the ways I payed my way thru school was by playing in a band. We played many fraternity and sorority parties in Gainesville, and attended a few games.
    Pitt... My father and grandfather both graduated from there. We had season tix, and I saw every home game that Dan Marino, Hugh Green, and Ricky Jackson played there.
    Clemson... One of the most awesome places to see a game. My folks live in Greenville, so I get down there quite a bit.
    South Carolina... What can I say? I like Steve Spurrier.

I love the Steelers and I love football, but I'm not a huge fan of any college football team.
    I went to quite a few Pitt games when I was younger, so I always hope they can have a
    decent season.

The team that I follow most is the Buckeyes. But, being that I'm not a hardcore fan, if
    they loose a National Championship game, I'm not nearly as heartbroken as I am if the
    Steelers are knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

I do regret not going to a "big school" when I made my choice of where to attend college.
    If I could do it again, I think I'd choose USC, and that would make me a life long USC fan.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    I do regret not going to a "big school" when I made my choice of where to attend college.
    If I could do it again, I think I'd choose USC, and that would make me a life long USC fan.
    I went to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and had no football team to root for, so I know what you mean Jiga. As for your desire to follow the real USC (and that's Southern Cal, steeld... ), this is reason enough.....

Legend

Fight on!

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    As for your desire to follow the real USC (and that's Southern Cal, steeld... )

Good one, but your trojans con't cover our cocks!!

Speaking of women, here is a good ranking...we have our share here at USC!

http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-studen ... ooks-1-10/

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    As for your desire to follow the real USC (and that's Southern Cal, steeld... )

Good one, but your trojans con't cover our cocks!!

Speaking of women, here is a good ranking...we have our share here at USC!

http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-studen ... ooks-1-10/
    Our Trojans are too big for your Cocks.

Hall of Famer

obviously I'm a Gator fan
    but I follow michigan as closely.
    don't know how i chose michigan, but one trip to gainesville sold me.
    I also follow:
    Big East: Pitt/WVU
    Big 12: K-state
    Pac 10- Ducks
    MAC- marshall
    ACC- clemson

I too wish I would have went to a bigger college (i went to Edinboro in PA) and would give anything to go back and remake that choice. living in gainesville at my age is cool, but to be 18 here... damn!
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Mine is easy. Just growing up in Ohio and then graduating from tOSU, I'm a Buckeye for life. And like many here on this board with the Steelers, I can't root for any other team religiously, just can't. But I do just tune in to any great matchup and try to pick a team to root for within that game. I tend to start liking certain players as the season goes on, so as long as it doesn't affect the Buckeyes, I may root for their teams.

I always root for USC (the Condoms, not the Cocks) to lose for what its worth...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285