Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micah Rucker, WR Article

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Micah Rucker, WR Article

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    ... If you have a high round pick that cant crack a starting line up, or play superior special teams by his third season, what do you got?
    Ironically, most WRs hit their stride on the offensive side of the ball by year 3, and we are just hoping Reid can return kicks.

This is his last chance in Steelertown, so if he is a professional he will grasp his chance and run with it, literally. If not he is not Steeler material anyways.

PREDICTION: Reid does not make this team out of training camp, barring injury of course.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't know at this point who has been a bigger disappointment to me...Reid or Washington. I do feel that Reid will be gone before camp breaks. I also believe that Washington has peaked. I don't see him getting any better. From Ben and others we have heard that Baker has improved dramatically. We have also heard that Rucker and little Kevin Marion caught everything or just about everything thrown their way in the OTAs. For what its worth my gut tells me Rucker is going to open some eyes in a big way when the pads go on. It has been many years since I've been this excited about a Steeler's training camp. I think I would have to go back to the '70s to do that. Get ready for a wild ride.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    I don't know at this point who has been a bigger disappointment to me...Reid or Washington. I do feel that Reid will be gone before camp breaks. I also believe that Washington has peaked. I don't see him getting any better. From Ben and others we have heard that Baker has improved dramatically. We have also heard that Rucker and little Kevin Marion caught everything or just about everything thrown their way in the OTAs. For what its worth my gut tells me Rucker is going to open some eyes in a big way when the pads go on. It has been many years since I've been this excited about a Steeler's training camp. I think I would have to go back to the '70s to do that. Get ready for a wild ride.
    You seriously don't know who is a bigger disappointment between Nate and Reid? One guy was an undrafted free agent WR from Tiffin who caught 64 passes for 1,074 yards (16.8 yard per catch average) and 9 touchdowns over the past two seasons, while the other was a 3rd round pick from Florida State who caught 4 passes for 54 yards (13.5 yard per catch average) and 0 touchdowns over the past two seasons. Hmmm...that's a tough one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    You seriously don't know who is a bigger disappointment between Nate and Reid? One guy was an undrafted free agent WR from Tiffin who caught 64 passes for 1,074 yards (16.8 yard per catch average) and 9 touchdowns over the past two seasons, while the other was a 3rd round pick from Florida State who caught 4 passes for 54 yards (13.5 yard per catch average) and 0 touchdowns over the past two seasons. Hmmm...that's a tough one.
    I was a big fan of Nate's. I always like rooting for the underdog. IMO he's been a long shot. Your stats while correct are a little bit misleading. He actually had a drop off last year.

'06 35 rec 624 yds 17.8 avg 39yg lg 49 yac 3.5 28 1st 4 tds
    '07 29 rec 450 yds 15.5 avg 28.1yg 40 lg 2.8 yac 21 1st 5tds

Nate is entering his 4th year. After a fall off season in '07 he will almost make 1.5 M this season which IMO is overpay. For all the time and money spent on Nate instead of improving in '07 he went the other way. Big dissapointment IMO. I've seen Ben's face light up when he talks about Dallas Baker.

Willie Reid is entering his 3rd season, but has been injured much of his career. He has shown flashes in practice, but virtually nothing on game day. He's a bust IMO.

Bring on the new guys! We've seen what Nate and Reid can do. I for one am not impressed.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It's funny Ruthless, I was thinking the same thing. While Reid is no doubt a disappointment, I look at Nate as a pleasant surprise.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.