Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If the Steelers don't win the AFC North, then who do choose?

Starter

Re: If the Steelers don't win the AFC North, then who do choose?

If Baltimore manages to aquire Favre - coupled with the 4th place schedule...

they are automatically the favorites to win the division.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

Not so sure about that. Not sure if I read the comment on this board or elsewhere, but someone stated that Favre admitted he is a slow learner. So how does he expect to just step in to a team and just learn the offense and get in sync with the receivers with such little time before the season starts?

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I agree with your assessment of the Ratbirds (old defense gets rocked by injuries)and Stains (major fall and the illusion will be over), but dude you guys are 8-8 at best. You will give up a ton of points. Chad will have a major meltdown by Game 5 and turn the season upside down.

AFC North
    Steelers 10-6
    Bungals 8-8
    Stains 7-9
    Ratbirds 6-10
    A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you about the 8-8. It's probably just the usual off season optimism that most fans have but I think we will surprised a lot of people this year.

The big thing is going to be how Rudi and Chris "Glass" Perry do. I have read the same fluff that most of you guys probably already have on Rudi being back to his bigger, bruiser weight. But I also read an article that John Clayton wrote recently that gives me hope that some outsiders also see the transformation in rudi and it's not just fluff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3491802

"Seeing Johnson in minicamp was a revelation. He has worked out so hard this offseason -- he's a ball of muscles. It was amazing how quickly he was hitting the holes."

We'll see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Think there's a chance of another high scoring defenseless debacle like last year?
    I still think that game began to sound the death knell for you guys, they seemed to never really have the composure to compete after that, and the stains began to build confidence from it.
    Who knows.

I don't think with Zimmer at the helm that will happen again but you never know. Zimmer looks really good so far, but I'm sure all new DC's look good before the regular season starts...
    I asked the same thing just now over on your boards smack talk . Should be some interesting responces to say the least.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN

I asked the same thing just now over on your boards smack talk . Should be some interesting responces to say the least.
    Making friends already I see...

Legend

I strongly disagree. The Ravens have no decent receivers and questions on the O line. And that defense keeps getting older.

Not to mention the difference between our schedule and theirs is only 2 opponents.

This one is easy for me. I would go with the Bungals. If only because Carson Palmer is a keeper in my keeper fantasy football league.

But to be truthful, barring injury I don't see the Bengals or Ravens getting past the Browns. The Ravens have no talent of offense, and the Bengals have no talent on defense. Or I should say no "proven" talent sans McGahee.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I strongly disagree. The Ravens have no decent receivers and questions on the O line. And that defense keeps getting older.

Not to mention the difference between our schedule and theirs is only 2 opponents.

Agreed, Favre needs talent or he will lead the league in Ints, and Baltimore is barren of talent on the offensive side.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

The Ravens will destroy the Bengals in game 1 to start the season.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    The Ravens will destroy the Bengals in game 1 to start the season.
    Man, I hope you're right...... <<praying>>