Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers don't win the AFC North, then who do choose?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: If the Steelers don't win the AFC North, then who do choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Perhaps the title of my thread should of been, which other AFC North team do you hate the least.
    That wouldn't work either!

I can name the one I hate the most (Ratstains) but there is no least! :P

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Perhaps the title of my thread should of been, which other AFC North team do you hate the least.
    That wouldn't work either!

I can name the one I hate the most (Ratstains) but there is no least! :P

So your saying your hate for the Bengals & Stains is equal?

BIG FAN

Stains- Hated for all time. A historical dislike. (This years preseason posers.)
    Bal. birdturds- Hated them from the beginning of Modell's run to Bal, because for the next few years they robbed me of hating the stains.
    Bungles- for me your basic divsion "rival" hate, you almost wish they didn't suck so bad because it's so much fun kicking that bengal butt in the playoffs. (This could apply to all them though.)

I know I'm being way too nice about all these teams, but to be the humble humanitarian guy that I am, means you have to have certain nice character flaws.
    Of course when it's game day I simply have to hate them all vehemently.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

.... I would just start following Tiger Woods' rehab. Maybe watch some womens' tennis....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know this is like choosing what type of animal turd you would rather step into. But this is deep into the off season and topics of conversation are thin.

I pick the Browns.

Reasons:
    I've been to Cincy way too many times for the Steelers/Bengals games, I hate their fans.
    I hate Ray Lewis so no to the Ravens.

If you put Brady Quinn (eye for the straight guy) in as the starter in Cleveland, then I change my pick to the Ravens.
    We're not all bad Ozey.

Well of course I pick the Bengals. But I actually have good reasons not just because I'm a big time homer.

The Browns will struggle early. They start off the season against the Cowboys and Steelers. Then they go to Baltimore, who if healthy might have a shot at beating them. Since the Browns not have zero depth at WR, they won't be able to exploit the Ravens weak depth at secondary this season. Then they travel to Cincy (The last time the Browns beat us at home Jon Kitna was the QB) and after a game against that tough defense in Baltimore, I expect our team to beat them. 0-4 or at best 1-3, is where the Browns will be going into their bye week. QB Controversy will probably start creeping up on the team and they will never recover, IMHO.

The Ravens don't have a QB period. I don't see them finishing with a better record than us. Plus Carson Palmer owns them.

When the offseason began and I saw the initial moves the Bengals made I wasn't too optimistic about this season. But after the draft and looking at the team as a whole, I think we have a legit shot of winning 9 or 10 games this season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I know this is like choosing what type of animal turd you would rather step into. But this is deep into the off season and topics of conversation are thin.

I pick the Browns.

Reasons:
    I've been to Cincy way too many times for the Steelers/Bengals games, I hate their fans.

If you put Brady Quinn (eye for the straight guy) in as the starter in Cleveland, then I change my pick to the Ravens.
    We're not all bad Ozey.

Well of course I pick the Bengals. But I actually have good reasons not just because I'm a big time homer.

The Browns will struggle early. They start off the season against the Cowboys and Steelers. Then they go to Baltimore, who if healthy might have a shot at beating them. Since the Browns not have zero depth at WR, they won't be able to exploit the Ravens weak depth at secondary this season. Then they travel to Cincy (The last time the Browns beat us at home Jon Kitna was the QB) and after a game against that tough defense in Baltimore, I expect our team to beat them. 0-4 or at best 1-3, is where the Browns will be going into their bye week. QB Controversy will probably start creeping up on the team and they will never recover, IMHO.

The Ravens don't have a QB period. I don't see them finishing with a better record than us. Plus Carson Palmer owns them.

When the offseason began and I saw the initial moves the Bengals made I wasn't too optimistic about this season. But after the draft and looking at the team as a whole, I think we have a legit shot of winning 9 or 10 games this season...
    I agree with your assessment of the Ratbirds (old defense gets rocked by injuries)and Stains (major fall and the illusion will be over), but dude you guys are 8-8 at best. You will give up a ton of points. Chad will have a major meltdown by Game 5 and turn the season upside down.

AFC North
    Steelers 10-6
    Bungals 8-8
    Stains 7-9
    Ratbirds 6-10
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

I pick the Browns.

Reasons:

We're not all bad Ozey.

Think there's a chance of another high scoring defenseless debacle like last year?
    I still think that game began to sound the death knell for you guys, they seemed to never really have the composure to compete after that, and the stains began to build confidence from it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Houston Oilers.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Houston Oilers.
    With Bum Phillips, maybe he can finally "break down the door."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I agree with your assessment of the Ratbirds (old defense gets rocked by injuries)and Stains (major fall and the illusion will be over), but dude you guys are 8-8 at best. You will give up a ton of points. Chad will have a major meltdown by Game 5 and turn the season upside down.

AFC North
    Steelers 10-6
    Bungals 8-8
    Stains 7-9
    Ratbirds 6-10
    A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you about the 8-8. It's probably just the usual off season optimism that most fans have but I think we will surprised a lot of people this year.

The big thing is going to be how Rudi and Chris "Glass" Perry do. I have read the same fluff that most of you guys probably already have on Rudi being back to his bigger, bruiser weight. But I also read an article that John Clayton wrote recently that gives me hope that some outsiders also see the transformation in rudi and it's not just fluff.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3491802"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3491802[/url]

"Seeing Johnson in minicamp was a revelation. He has worked out so hard this offseason -- he's a ball of muscles. It was amazing how quickly he was hitting the holes."

We'll see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Think there's a chance of another high scoring defenseless debacle like last year?
    I still think that game began to sound the death knell for you guys, they seemed to never really have the composure to compete after that, and the stains began to build confidence from it.
    Who knows.

I don't think with Zimmer at the helm that will happen again but you never know. Zimmer looks really good so far, but I'm sure all new DC's look good before the regular season starts...