Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Favre fodder and guess what now?

LasVegasGuy

Re: More Favre fodder and guess what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    If I were the Packers I'd hang on to Favre as along as I could and essentially make him useless to any other team this season. Call his bluff and make him come to camp and compete.

His bluff earns him 12 million dollars this year. The Packers surely don't want to have a 12 million dollar hit against the cap for a non-starter.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Hardliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I agree with you Hardliner. I don't see how a team with possibly a double digit # of rookie's starting would go out an get a QB with at most two seasons left. No offense but I don't think the chiefs are preparing to make a SB run this season.

I would say Baltimore or Washington are the best landing spots for Farve right now. Unless things get really messy and he tries to go to Chicago out of spite...
    No offense taken Jom. You're on the money with that comment. The Chiefs will be fortunate, realistically, to win 6 games in 2008. If a miracle occured and Favre were wearing Chief's colors? Make that 8 games, MAYBE. No playoffs and no longterm future so this latest rumor du jour is stupid. At least I hope it is.

The Chiefs are currently counting on 2 rooks, 1 warmed over free agent and two vets to man their Oline. Ouch! I think we all know that winning starts with the strength and experience of your O and Dlines? Chiefs are a work in progress but heading, finally, in the right direction. However, they won't be a post season factor in 2008, with or without Favre.

Then too, Croyle has got to step up big time and be a genuine NFL QB. That dog is still hunting as well. I'm hearing that the Steel is concerned about their Oline in 2008 or is that more about ESPN type morons wanting to sound smart as opposed to being bogus?
    Got to agree with your opening line about this soap opera of a saga it's become.
    I do remember when your Chiefs got Montana, I believe they beat us in the playoffs that year with him. Anyways, playoff run for the chiefs looks slim at best. Would like to see them become competitive sometime throughout the season, your last game of the season . Anyways I dont see them with Farve this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    If I were the Packers I'd hang on to Favre as along as I could and essentially make him useless to any other team this season. Call his bluff and make him come to camp and compete.

His bluff earns him 12 million dollars this year. The Packers surely don't want to have a 12 million dollar hit against the cap for a non-starter.
    Only if he actually shows up which would mean he would have to submit paperwork to get reinstated. If he is serious then let him be your starter for the season. He will likely do better than Rodgers.

If he is a distraction, Then you cut or trade him right before the season starts where there would be a limited number of teams that could take him because of their own salary cap situations. Most teams with room under the cap are bad teams. Do you think that is the type of team he wants to go to?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"