Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Favre fodder and guess what now?

Hardliner

More Favre fodder and guess what now?

First of all, can there more of a soap opera presence surrounding the retired, ooops, un-retired 38 year old QB of the Pack? The troops at the NFL network could just as well rename themselves as 'The Favre Channel'. OK, OK, adding to the opera but only because I found this tasty tidbit concerning yet another rumor, chew on this:

QB Brett Favre - There has been speculation from some NFL circles that the Chiefs might be a good destination for the disgruntled quarterback. In fact, one of the Packers broadcasters believes that Kansas City would be a perfect fit for the Green Bay legend. Though it’s far-fetched to assume the Chiefs would take a serious look at Favre, they’ll certainly discuss it later this week when the coaching staff returns from vacation.

Say what???? Anyway, since it's a slow time of year before training camps open, I decided to share this with you, not that it's likely to happen for many reasons with the main one being it would be going in the exact opposite direction that young owner Clark Hunt has been espousing this summer, that the Chiefs were out of the aging veteran business and would be re-making the entire team with mainly young players.

Then again, I'm remembering 1993 when, before you knew it, Joe Montana was signed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: More Favre fodder and guess what now?

This is just getting ridiculous. I think Brett (if he goes to another team) will not be able to weather the controversy. The great thing with his gig in Green Bay is familiarity with a system that he not only help develop but also is tailored to his specific talents. Good luck to him adapting to a new system and different team mates.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Packers have filed tampering charges against the Vikings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    This is just getting ridiculous. I think Brett (if he goes to another team) will not be able to weather the controversy. The great thing with his gig in Green Bay is familiarity with a system that he not only help develop but also is tailored to his specific talents. Good luck to him adapting to a new system and different team mates.
    Brett Farve said in an interview a while ago, quite a while ago, that it took him a long time before he learned even how to read defenses. Favre is not a peyton manning-type QB, he just goes out there and wings it. I can't see him picking up an offense, especially like the one in Tampa Bay, where he is rumored to be going, this late in the game. Favre's stock drops, in my eyes, by the day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with you Hardliner. I don't see how a team with possibly a double digit # of rookie's starting would go out an get a QB with at most two seasons left. No offense but I don't think the chiefs are preparing to make a SB run this season.

I would say Baltimore or Washington are the best landing spots for Farve right now. Unless things get really messy and he tries to go to Chicago out of spite...

Legend

User Info Menu

According to Ben...Farve is Farve and he can do whatever he wishes.
    Sorry Ben but that was lame. Tell it like it is...Farve retire with some dignity.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I agree with you Hardliner. I don't see how a team with possibly a double digit # of rookie's starting would go out an get a QB with at most two seasons left. No offense but I don't think the chiefs are preparing to make a SB run this season.

I would say Baltimore or Washington are the best landing spots for Farve right now. Unless things get really messy and he tries to go to Chicago out of spite...
    According to the news coming out of the Deadskin front office they are sticking with Jason Campbell. Of course you never know with "The Daniel" in charge. I still see that one as a stretch. Baltimore might be a possibility but something tells me that Favre won't like the group of receivers he'll have there.

The best teams for him are the Vikes and da Bears. If GB allows that to happen someone should be fired.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    According to Ben...Farve is Farve and he can do whatever he wishes.
    Sorry Ben but that was lame. Tell it like it is...Farve retire with some dignity.

Ben's just slinging the politically correct, nice guy, media bullsheit and as he should.
    I believe most if not all of us would do the same in his position and rightfully so.

However, I completely agree with Shawn. The apparent is Favre is only thinking about Favre, period... Every year is the same and it dicks with everybody else with his little consideration regarding team or anyone else. He wants to, he doesn't want to, and the universe should wait through his apparent midlife crisis and inability to move on. Can't say I blame him or would feel different in his shoes about playing or not, but I wouldn't fcuk with the bigger picture to satisfy my own self as Brett has these last couple of years.
    Legend or not Green Bay is tired of this year in and yaer out and feels the need to forge forward. After all, just how long can you keep your #1 draft pick on the bench?

If indeed Rogers is your future then you need to let him play , mature and be patient with mistakes. With Favre in the back ground the kid doesn't have a chance, especially the moment he throws a pick, missed opportunity, etc. Brett needs do the classy thing and step down while he's still on top and take the high road for the team.
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

If I were the Packers I'd hang on to Favre as along as I could and essentially make him useless to any other team this season. Call his bluff and make him come to camp and compete.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hardliner

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

No offense taken Jom. You're on the money with that comment. The Chiefs will be fortunate, realistically, to win 6 games in 2008. If a miracle occured and Favre were wearing Chief's colors? Make that 8 games, MAYBE. No playoffs and no longterm future so this latest rumor du jour is stupid. At least I hope it is.

The Chiefs are currently counting on 2 rooks, 1 warmed over free agent and two vets to man their Oline. Ouch! I think we all know that winning starts with the strength and experience of your O and Dlines? Chiefs are a work in progress but heading, finally, in the right direction. However, they won't be a post season factor in 2008, with or without Favre.

Then too, Croyle has got to step up big time and be a genuine NFL QB. That dog is still hunting as well. I'm hearing that the Steel is concerned about their Oline in 2008 or is that more about ESPN type morons wanting to sound smart as opposed to being bogus?