First of all, can there more of a soap opera presence surrounding the retired, ooops, un-retired 38 year old QB of the Pack? The troops at the NFL network could just as well rename themselves as 'The Favre Channel'. OK, OK, adding to the opera but only because I found this tasty tidbit concerning yet another rumor, chew on this:

QB Brett Favre - There has been speculation from some NFL circles that the Chiefs might be a good destination for the disgruntled quarterback. In fact, one of the Packers broadcasters believes that Kansas City would be a perfect fit for the Green Bay legend. Though it’s far-fetched to assume the Chiefs would take a serious look at Favre, they’ll certainly discuss it later this week when the coaching staff returns from vacation.

Say what???? Anyway, since it's a slow time of year before training camps open, I decided to share this with you, not that it's likely to happen for many reasons with the main one being it would be going in the exact opposite direction that young owner Clark Hunt has been espousing this summer, that the Chiefs were out of the aging veteran business and would be re-making the entire team with mainly young players.

Then again, I'm remembering 1993 when, before you knew it, Joe Montana was signed.