Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Madden On The Possible Sale Of The Steelers....

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Mark Madden On The Possible Sale Of The Steelers....

Mark Madden might have a point if the Rooneys made very poor decisions based on fiscal policy. But, because they are wise business men...they also play the cap very well. I dont know of many teams that field a competitive team...year in and year out.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Mark Madden might have a point if the Rooneys made very poor decisions based on fiscal policy. But, because they are wise business men...they also play the cap very well. I dont know of many teams that field a competitive team...year in and year out.

Any Steeler fan has a right to be disgruntled regarding the past miss chances (especially the AFCCGs) but they have to also be happy with the results over the past 16 seasons we've had many more competitive peaks than we've had slumping valleys. In fact our valleys have equated to a season, max, then the usual rebound. Look at teams like the Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Detroit.... the list goes on. We are truly lucky to have had the ownership we've had, regardless of the "cheap-skate" moniker they've received over the years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Any Steeler fan has a right to be disgruntled regarding the past miss chances (especially the AFCCGs) but they have to also be happy with the results over the past 16 seasons we've had many more competitive peaks than we've had slumping valleys. In fact our valleys have equated to a season, max, then the usual rebound. Look at teams like the Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Detroit.... the list goes on. We are truly lucky to have had the ownership we've had, regardless of the "cheap-skate" moniker they've received over the years.
    You know AA, I remember hearing one of the talking idiots on NFLN during the Steelers breakdown this year, talking about Tomlin, saying the Rooney's "will give him plenty of lee-way, after all, they stuck with Cowher through his lean years." I was like, seriously? He had what, three losing seasons through his long tenure? Name me a team that wouldn't give their left nut for performance and consistently like that. Look, I'm no pushover, but I tend to give a team some slack when 1. they have won a super bowl very recently, and 2. will make the playoffs 80 percent of the time, even when they don't have the horses to do so. Some would call that pathetic, I say expecting nothing less than a Super Bowl each and every season is unrealistic.

To the point of the article, I think Mark Madden is like a lot of the posters on TribLive, and that's why most of us are postign here that majority of the time. There were so many people on that board that I would never want to watch a game with.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

You know AA, I remember hearing one of the talking idiots on NFLN during the Steelers breakdown this year, talking about Tomlin, saying the Rooney's "will give him plenty of lee-way, after all, they stuck with Cowher through his lean years." I was like, seriously? He had what, three losing seasons through his long tenure? Name me a team that wouldn't give their left nut for performance and consistently like that. Look, I'm no pushover, but I tend to give a team some slack when 1. they have won a super bowl very recently, and 2. will make the playoffs 80 percent of the time, even when they don't have the horses to do so. Some would call that pathetic, I say expecting nothing less than a Super Bowl each and every season is unrealistic.

To the point of the article, I think Mark Madden is like a lot of the posters on TribLive, and that's why most of us are postign here that majority of the time. There were so many people on that board that I would never want to watch a game with.

I would like to think that the Planet is the place with more cerebral football conversation. The hysterics, the lack of insight, and the overall "sky is falling" mentality is not for me. There were plenty of good posters over there. But, I invited them all here lol. What's left...is not pretty. The few of you that post over there are the only thing keeping that place from turning into a total sess pool of ignorance.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would like to think that the Planet is the place with more cerebral football conversation. The hysterics, the lack of insight, and the overall "sky is falling" mentality is not for me. There were plenty of good posters over there. But, I invited them all here lol. What's left...is not pretty. The few of you that post over there are the only thing keeping that place from turning into a total sess pool of ignorance.
    You know, SMG, I don't really consider myself much of an X's and O's kind of guy, but some of those people will never be happy, and Madden is one of them. It just irks me how fans are so quick to throw the term "sucks" around about a pro-bowl player. It's one thing to think we would be a better team if we traded WP for some draft picks. It's an opinion, nothing wrong with that. But to say a guy who has rushed for well over 1,000 yards the past couple of years sucks, or to say Hines Ward sucks is just ignorant, you know? Like I said, i would never want to watch a game with them. Makes you think a couple of them jumped on board after 2005 and any year we don't win a super bowl, the team sucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This board is way better. I lurked quit a bit at the Trib for almost 2 years. I've been here 2 months and have about the same # of posts that I did in my 2 years at the Trib just because this is a much more enjoyable platform. There is a right and a wrong way to disagree with someone. The right way is displayed here, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

This board is way better. I lurked quit a bit at the Trib for almost 2 years. I've been here 2 months and have about the same # of posts that I did in my 2 years at the Trib just because this is a much more enjoyable platform. There is a right and a wrong way to disagree with someone. The right way is displayed here, IMO.
    Every place has their own style...and that's ok. SN...loves "freedom" and I respect that. But, it was ultimately the source of their downfall. Anarchy will always destroy and is never a good policy. The Trib has a lack of people running things that actually care. The board will always attract new talent because of it's exposure but the talent won't stay. People want responsive mods, a community that actually gives a ish about their concerns, and servers that were not built in the 1980's. Unfortunately, that will never change there...no matter how many people leave. The trolls are protected. Quality posters are ignored. And ultimately the Trib will only serve as a launching platform for new sites. I think John has created a terrific place for people that want to have civil intelligent conversation.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Every place has their own style...and that's ok. SN...loves "freedom" and I respect that. But, it was ultimately the source of their downfall. Anarchy will always destroy and is never a good policy. The Trib has a lack of people running things that actually care. The board will always attract new talent because of it's exposure but the talent won't stay. People want responsive mods, a community that actually gives a ish about their concerns, and servers that were not built in the 1980's. Unfortunately, that will never change there...no matter how many people leave. The trolls are protected. Quality posters are ignored. And ultimately the Trib will only serve as a launching platform for new sites. I think John has created a terrific place for people that want to have civil intelligent conversation.
    Wow, someone who readily admits that there is more than one way to think/argue/discuss. Can't argue with any of that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I do not know why anyone listens to this idiot or takes the time to read his articles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I do not know why anyone listens to this idiot or takes the time to read his articles.
    Like Oz said, espnradio.com is a great way for out-of-towners to hear Steelers news.
    The trick was to get the updates while tuning out Madden's BS.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]